The Confessions thread (4 Viewers)

I'm late to the game since this song was huge and I just ignored it for ages. Ever since I saw Blue is the Warmest Colour, I have to say I actually really dig this song. It's super catchy. Kind of how I genuinely enjoy the Kaiser Chiefs.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been drinking again.

I always go incognito tab before I go on dailymail.com. you'd think that Millie mackintosh would be way fatter with all those freebie quality streets.

Wait, is this the way this thread works? Anyway I feel better for it.

I've never and probably will never watch a TED Talk. I find that people who try to talk to me about TED talks seem to think that watching TED talks somehow makes them more intelligent informed on all subjects in life. Which frankly is more off putting then the idea of watching a TED Talk to begin with.

In short the only Ted I ever want to watch talk is this lad

Maybe i could get him to read 120 Days Of Sodom to me ?

I've never and probably will never watch a TED Talk. I find that people who try to talk to me about TED talks seem to think that watching TED talks somehow makes them more intelligent informed on all subjects in life. Which frankly is more off putting then the idea of watching a TED Talk to begin with.

In short the only Ted I ever want to watch talk is this lad

Maybe i could get him to read 120 Days Of Sodom to me ?

yeah, a lad I worked with never shut the fuck up about TED talks and he was the biggest wanker I ever met in my whole life, so fucked if I was ever gonna watch one.

In saying that I did watch the David Epstein one because I was interested in the subject and had just read his book. The talk was a bit shit though because he was telling stories from the book, which I had just read. So TED talks get a 0/10 rating from me.

i've watched lots of them, but watch them more or less in the same context that i watch cat on a roomba. out of maybe 50, i've seen 2-3 that were worth recommending. they all follow the same formula, a lot like commercial hip hop.

i've watched lots of them, but watch them more or less in the same context that i watch cat on a roomba. out of maybe 50, i've seen 2-3 that were worth recommending. they all follow the same formula, a lot like commercial hip hop.

???

or... anything that follows a formula? A tube of smarties perhaps.

yeah, a lad I worked with never shut the fuck up about TED talks and he was the biggest wanker I ever met in my whole life, so fucked if I was ever gonna watch one.

In saying that I did watch the David Epstein one because I was interested in the subject and had just read his book. The talk was a bit shit though because he was telling stories from the book, which I had just read. So TED talks get a 0/10 rating from me.

Fucking TED talks are wank
All wank.
Some cunt says some shit about Steve Jobs (or one of the other patron saints of information work cuntology)
Not to make any actual point..
(As if the life of these handful of pricks they are constantly wittering on about have that many lessons to offer)
But to make the audience feel better
"See, you're a TEX watcher, your're a bit better and smarter and a bit like Jobs"
It's the fucking liberal cunt version of the Daily Mail, there are no difficult, intractable problems,
Except for the Daily Mail you kick foreigners out, in TED talks you just think "differently" or "smarter"
FUCK OFF! Fucking cult of techno-optimism.

They're just self-help books mixed with wikipedia right? I've seen one or two that were interesting. There are worse things in this world than dumbed down versions of complex ideas.

the lyrical structure in a lot of commercial hip-hop follows a basic structure

I was X, and I came from X
but now i'm Y and I have Y

It seemed like a strange thing to jump to as the most obvious example of following a formula.

It seemed like a strange thing to jump to as the most obvious example of following a formula.

I've had one day off this month and i was working and drinking this weekend. I had essentially pared my brain down to a very minimal amount of functionality by the time i hit thumped lastnight.

Motivational speeches are grand till you've heard 10 of them.

I've had one day off this month and i was working and drinking this weekend. I had essentially pared my brain down to a very minimal amount of functionality by the time i hit thumped lastnight.

concentrated ann post. I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back