Just signed up for Threads (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
mastadon really missed a trick here. I reckon Threads could be the death knell for twitter.

This is (fuck) facebook's new twitter rival and its integrated with instagram.

I will be watching this space very keenly

i haven't seen any detail, but have seen comment on the supposedly eye watering level of user info threads is insisting it can collect.

From the Guardian

The Threads app can collect data related to your health, financial information, contact information, browsing history, location and purchases, among other things.
For comparison, BlueSky may link contact information, user content and identifiers. Twitter says it can track users via purchases, contact information, location, contacts and browsing history.
Twitter no longer has a press department. Questions sent to the former email address received a poop emoji as the auto-response.

It really is a battle of the massive c*nts

From the Guardian

It really is a battle of the massive c*nts

I reckon threads will likely win out because some people we know/follow on twitter are also possibly people that we also follow on instagram, or at least that's the case for me and people I actually know and the integration with instagram will mean that people don't have to build their networks from scratch.

what do you mean by 'mastodon missed a trick', btw? i would agree with Unicron in that i reckon the advantage threads has is that it already has a huge advantage in momentum simply due to an already existing userbase.

what do you mean by 'mastodon missed a trick', btw? i would agree with Unicron in that i reckon the advantage threads has is that it already has a huge advantage in momentum simply due to an already existing userbase.
they should have moved in for the kill when twitter was first on its knees.

I don't fully understand their model though. Maybe they were not in a position to do so.

I bought an oculus headset a while back and had to create a burner FB account to be able to use it. And now I’m a lurker in about four completely unrelated FB groups.

I’ll never use that Threads though.

One downside to threads is the potential of your whole extended family being on there immediately.

There's a reason I don't really use Facebook like.

they should have moved in for the kill when twitter was first on its knees.

I don't fully understand their model though. Maybe they were not in a position to do so.
i think the issue with mastadon is that 'they' is amorphous; it's organic and not something you can pump money into to suddenly stand up a huge presence capable of taking on twitter?

i think the issue with mastadon is that 'they' is amorphous; it's organic and not something you can pump money into to suddenly stand up a huge presence capable of taking on twitter?
its a model that doesn't work then. I'm sure they experienced some growth, but most of it transient. I set up an account, look at it for about 3 days, then quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back