Interesting tat (1 Viewer)

Reading this I've had a fresh look at this room, which I thought I'd tidied up the other day, but is still full of stuff. Stuff that no one knows what to do with.

I especially like the beureau (?) lamp, it's like them things what's in the fillums. Completely useless as a lamp though.

Them lot next door that moved out a few months ago had left a bunch crap on my deck. The setup here is that various other boats have to walk across my boat to get to land.

So after months of hoping it'll sort itself out*, I've had to clear the deck and swab the deck. Ooh arrr, me hearties.

It's all going in the bin, except for the ceramic plant pots and this Buddha. It has the original, and imho, best type of swastika. Maybe I seem flippant about that. I'm not being flippant.

*There's a leak on deck, so I'm trying to find it. If housemate hadn't mentioned it, that tat would have just sat there forever, along with all the other tat and actual rubbish. Old neighbours would call it it freecycling. Personally I call it middle class fly-tipping.

Attachments

• IMG_20240327_162605.jpg
    IMG_20240327_162605.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Also featured: the bureau lamp mentioned previously, an aluminium reusable water bottle because eco-aware, a pen that's also a screwdriver, staple gun, three light torch with magnets and a a hanging hook.

This is what it's like after the tidying.

Oh, that is good looking up. Nice.

I was chasing totally the wrong kine of enquiry - cos the abdicated king George's real name was Albert.

Thank you for this, it would have bugged me

This was pilfered in the era of Liz II.

Bizarrely in the late 50s/early 60s the RAF recruited for radio operators in the republic (via Norn Iron). FIL signed up and spent his tour of duty in some of the bits of the former empire the brits were just about to pull out from (borneo, aden etc.)
from they way he told it he spent a good portion of his time boozing, getting into fights, and pissing off his officers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back