no more disco (1 Viewer)

Yup, its a sad thing. Did anyone see the paltry mention her death got on the RTE 9 oclock news last night - I mean, the station she worked for, and they say one sentence about her death just before the break. Maybe they hadnt got full details of the event, but apparently it happened in the afternoon.

i heard on the radio this morning that she normally took the dart to work, but that because of the circumstances, she drove.
a sad loss indeed.

wonder if they'll put a pair of shades into the coffin for her to wear on overcast days in heaven?

Well,
I'm far across the sea.
I read this and
this news
sends a chill down my spine.
You did good Uaneen.
You'll be missed.
:(

Jesus- does it normally take seven years for settlements to be made in traffic accidents? Poor Uaneen, I remember being quite upset about that when it happened.

I have a cassette tape a friend of mine in Cork sent me of one of Uaneen's shows. That tape turned me on to The Rachels and I couldn't believe that my friends The Handsome Family were being played on it as well. Surreal.

Very sad indeed.

I like to think that if she were still with us I would have eventually met her here in Dublin and I would have liked to tell her about the tape I have that was sent to Chicago back in 1998.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back