Moving out (3 Viewers)

If you never signed a lease or contract then basically this woman can hang onto your deposit on the grounds that you're an idiot and you should always get a landlord to sign a lease agreement. By not signing a lease you haven't legally agreed to the terms under which your money can be returned.

If you give less than two weeks / one month's notice (depends on the landlord I think) the landlord is entitled to hang onto your deposit. That's one of the reasons why you pay them a deposit- so that if you try to fuck them over by bailing out without giving them adequate time to find a new tenant, well ha ha they have your money.

As for floors; heel marks are a bollocks on hardwood floors alright, but shit like that comes under "reasonable wear and tear" and your deposit cannot be retained on those grounds.

Sorry if I haven't been very helpful. Renting is a super pain in the chops and it's every man for themselves I'm afraid.

Zeelander said:
If you give less than two weeks / one month's notice (depends on the landlord I think) the landlord is entitled to hang onto your deposit.

All of this will of course be set down in your lease or rent book.

In the absence of a lease or rent book, the length of notice to be given depends on how frequently you pay your rent. Monthly rent = 1 month notice; weekly rent = 1 week notice.

I think. like someone said, consult threshold.

pete said:
All of this will of course be set down in your lease or rent book.

In the absence of a lease or rent book, the length of notice to be given depends on how frequently you pay your rent. Monthly rent = 1 month notice; weekly rent = 1 week notice.

I think. like someone said, consult threshold.

This sounds right from what I remember, same with leaving a job too.

I lie, a lot. ah no i nearly did, then we broke up and I'm not allowed see the dog anymore because it's not "practical"
Keith Talent said:
Right... I thought Ms. B. Haven bought a house with her fella last year?

Any deductions from your deposit for damages has to be evidenced with reciepts etc. So tell her to keep it and ask her for copies of the reciepts once the floor is replaced. Which she won't do. Sounds like a right miserable bitch all the same. Get your cash back using a threat and report her to the revenue anyway.

Antrophe said:
Any deductions from your deposit for damages has to be evidenced with reciepts etc. So tell her to keep it and ask her for copies of the reciepts once the floor is replaced. Which she won't do. Sounds like a right miserable bitch all the same. Get your cash back using a threat and report her to the revenue anyway.
you know who i was thinking about the other day? larry. and his €480 electricity bill.

Did he get paid for that? My god - we were taken for an utter ride by that man. Half the house coming down with variants of TB, and we thought the neighbours were pricks for calling the healthboard? Myself and Dillo went back up to Churchtown for a gander at the house a few months back, its knocked down and some fancy new gaff is in the making which I imagine will sell for a bomb. How could anyone let a house get into such a state of disrepair? Crow is living in C-town Mk II at the moment over near Beaumount, visiting him was like stepping back in time without the bananna mixture to fuel the trip.

no, he said he'd pay it because of the inconvenience we were going to be put to with the place being painted. i strongly doubt the existence of that bill.

luckily since then i have mainly had landlords who were not pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back