Ireland squad for the Bulgaria game (1 Viewer)

Luther Blissett

Republic of Ireland squad to play Nigera on 29 May and Bulgaria on 6 June: Shay Given, Dean Kiely, Kieren Westwood, Eddie Nolan, Sean St Ledger, John O'Shea, Kevin Foley, Paul McShane, Richard Dunne, Stephen Kelly, Kevin Kilbane, Aiden McGeady, Damien Duff, Darron Gibson, Glenn Whelan, Keith Andrews, Liam Miller, Stephen Hunt, Andy Keogh, Liam Lawrence, Caleb Folan, Kevin Doyle, Robbie Keane, Shane Long, Leon Best
First call up for Coventry's Leon Best. The new Caleb Folan?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seriously worried about that midfield in Bulgaria. They're gonna get swamped, in the Summer heat and all, aren't they? We're gonna be defending the whole match and get beat, aren't we?
Leon Best doesn't look anything special, except that he looks a bit like a really young Paul McGrath. Maybe give him a go in defence?
Here's my team for the Ireland - Bulgaria match, we'd win 5-0 with this bunch:

Given
Daddy Dick

Good to see Liam Lawrence and Sean St Ledger getting a call up, both could be useful players for us.. Miller's continued presence is baffling, especially seeing as he's without a club at the moment. Could've been an opportunity to give someone like Chris McCann at Burnley or Keith Fahey a run instead. Surely this is the end of Andy Reid under the present regime - if he was going to get a second chance I would've expected it to be in this Nigeria friendly.

What'd he do wrong this time?...

It's that fuckin midfield. We already know it doesn't work with Whelan and Andrews! I resisted the reactionary calls of bring Andy Reid in back in September, but after the continued total lack of midfield ever since Stephen Reid got injured, we have to try something different.
The best we can hope for here is that maybe he gives Gibson or Lawrence a shot or something, but would that make much difference? They're hardly classy players. Gibson has potential but will probably need to gain a lot more experience to do anything.
When you see that midfield and they're gonna be playing away in Bulgaria in the middle of June, you have to worry.

spose it was a little premature to hope that this mccarthy lad might get a call up. shure, we don't need him. we have stephen "fucking" hunt.

no noel, eh? did he piss away his chance with that world class whinge or is he injured?

Eddie Nolan, Sean St Ledger, Leon Best

For fuck sake. Yes, the worst squad ever and the worst potential first 11 ever too.

Eddie Nolan, Sean St Ledger, Leon Best

For fuck sake. Yes, the worst squad ever and the worst potential first 11 ever too.

I don't really get why Leon Best was called up, unless he's a good target-man or something (Clinton Morrison is captain of Coventry and has scored 3 times as many as Best this year) but St Ledger and Nolan have been among the best players for a team that reached the Championship playoffs this year and we're not exactly flooded with spare defensive options.

No I appreciate that they may be the best on offer. The fact that they are the best we have to call on is what I'm bemoaning.

I don't really get why Leon Best was called up, unless he's a good target-man or something .

yep this is what trap has said...hes like folan and he can hold the ball up...exciting times ahead wha?

will keith andrews now switch from right back at blackburn to centre mid with ireland? :rolleyes: at least whelan seems to have played a bit recently for stoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back