Drumcanoo highlights (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter OLP
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 33K
  • Watchers 7
ya theres this bloke in tipp who puts on so called DIY fests in his shed,gets all the top bands from around the country and pays them with fuckin tofu medallians, then he invites a gang of smelly american crustys and charges them extorionate prices to come see said bands, I would name and shame but.......im afraid of him

ya theres this bloke in tipp who puts on so called DIY fests in his shed,gets all the top bands from around the country and pays them with fuckin tofu medallians, then he invites a gang of smelly american crustys and charges them extorionate prices to come see said bands, I would name and shame but.......im afraid of him

yeah ive heard of him..but i didn't think it was all top bands.had some dodgy bob marley cover band one time from what i here!

In other news: I hear the next Complan release will be made entirely of soya beans and hemp.

Next year I look forward to Cormac putting on an event of thsi undertakking with all the aspects ofa fest that people want, which includes camping, idylllic scenic location (not some shiittyy pub in belfast)caterings, good pints and good off licence, I just want to go for fun, drink, food, camping, not bothered whos playing, but will look forward to the headline band complan.

cormac is not the whole of complan so keep it personal i'd say

Keep it personal, i had a great time at this gig it was fuckin top shelf, id be happy to go again, most of my favourite bands were playin it and i had fun playing with septic pussy twas deadly, im 1 man not a COMPLAN:)

Last years fest had to be marred by that BoW row situation and now this years "highlights" thread is once again marred by an off the cuff remark by someone who didn't attend.

Silly. And a pity.

The picnic was great fun this year and I highly enjoyed myself, as did everyone I was with. The only thing that downed it for me was I got far too wasted on the first day (again!) and passed out for bands I wanted to see >_< I have no problem paying in the 60eur as it supports the running of it and as Janer put it earlier when you break it down you're seeing these bands in a great setting for next to nothing.

The amount of acts I wanted to see broke this event even for me with regards to paying the like of a fiver on the door to see them somewhere in Dublin. Then the added bonus of seeing acts I wouldn't have considered and have now been turned onto such as Beanz On Toast and Apolitical. Add into account you're getting cold fresh pints for 3.90 and all the cans you can fit in your car if you fancy it cheap and warm.

Saying this is not a DIY fest is a stupid remark to make.

Thank you to who ran it, I'll be doing my best to be back next year, and don't listen to the minority of nay-sayers here with feck all else to do with their time than sit on a forum and stir it around a bit in order to kill boredom.

Can we get back to talking about that naked old local pervy man now that was gettin in on the action for Ghundi?

p.s any pics?

Can we get back to talking about that naked old local pervy man now that was gettin in on the action for Ghundi?

p.s any pics?

That was me Dad, he followed me over from Gortahork.... he doesn't get out much these days and he got a little over excited...

I very nearly dropped me cax at the Ghundi show myself.Glad I didn't now.
Wouldn't wanna steal the boys thunder.

Here ye are....the lads!

l_d0df84680b214a25a6690170a2b181f0.jpg

Yeah.Legend.

Jazes I'm laughing me hole off at these pics.What a great day out!

i'm a bit late getting involved in this but would like to say that i had a lethal time for the one night i was there. one point i would make is that it makes no difference to me if the bigger bands get paid more. usually when someone puts on a "d.i.y."gig with a touring band playing - they get all the cash. is that not the same principal here except that all the bands got something at least.

Great time had by all espeicially the jack russel that was running round in the hall when we [roosky] played and the person who kicked the football at us when we were playin,cuda done some damage if it hadda been on target!!!!!!!,but seriously ALL the people involved in the fest should be phenomenonly proud ,it was top notch in every respect ,organisation,venue,crowd control,insane people control,choice of bands and added to this the weather was brilliant ,roll on next year !!!!!
p.s. fuck the begrudgers !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back