Do any of you ACTUALLY exercise? (4 Viewers)

What is exercise anyway? Surely we are always exercising? When does a routine physical action enter the realm of 'exercise'? These are the questions we should ask Ray Darcy today, it being Fix-It Friday.

Ray, it's Fix-It Friday, and I just want to ask, how do you make being a smug cunt seem so easy?

Ah go on Ray, drop another rebellious shite or f-word, just for me at 10am, cos I know that's how the Ray Darcy show rolls.

Lads, I think I need a tea-break.

On the subject of using the f-word on the Ray Darcy, you can only use it in conjunction with the following worthy subject matter, the 'issues du jour' which he tackles for us on a daily basis:

famine

paedophiles

road deaths

drug deaths

getting rid of tax on johnnies

the act of lifting weights doesn't necessarily burn that many calories. What happens is when you build up muscle (which doesn't necessarily mean turning yourself into a meathead weightlifter - simply toning muscles is perfectly fine), your metabolism speeds up. Your body burns more calories going about day to day activity to sustain the muscle. Thats why lifting weights is probably the best thing anyone can do to control their weight. In the short term you might see a slight weight gain (cos muscle is heavier than fat), but it'll plateau after a bit.

Remember, light weights and high reps = tone.
Heavy weights and low reps = meathead brain-dead bodybuilder types.

a mixture of weights and cardio. They should really go hand in hand. The cardio for actualy calorie burn (the cross-trainer is probably the best machine for calorie burn).

The key to any programme though is to come up with a routine that you're comfortable with. The last thing you want is for the gym to become a chore. You won't last out a month if thats the case.

that's damn solid advice.

Well, I brought a gym membership and it has been 5 months and I have never stepped in. I am wasting money here. I figure in the months I have left, I should utilize it.

cancel that shit! and dont ring them and say you want to cancel coz they'll fuck you over for MONTHS. deliver a personal written request to your bank to cancel a DD and they'll do it for you right there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

cancel that shit! and dont ring them and say you want to cancel coz they'll fuck you over for MONTHS. deliver a personal written request to your bank to cancel a DD and they'll do it for you right there.

Paid for the year upfront, hence my annoyance with myself for not using it.

Why must gyms put huge windows looking out to the street? It's bad enough the people IN the gym will see me in shorts, I don't need every passer by to witness the horror as well. They should also have rooms according to weight, you need to step on the scale and hit a range before the door will open. It seems there are only tiny people in the gym. I want to gage my progress against someone my size for motivation rather than giving death stares to the twig people waiting to the use the machine I'm on. Why do I keeping hearing this phrase in my head? "Build it and the fat people will come." "Build it and the fat people will come." "Build it and the fat people will come."

Why must gyms put huge windows looking out to the street? It's bad enough the people IN the gym will see me in shorts, I don't need every passer by to witness the horror as well. They should also have rooms according to weight, you need to step on the scale and hit a range before the door will open. It seems there are only tiny people in the gym. I want to gage my progress against someone my size for motivation rather than giving death stares to the twig people waiting to the use the machine I'm on. Why do I keeping hearing this phrase in my head? "Build it and the fat people will come." "Build it and the fat people will come." "Build it and the fat people will come."

Hayworth! Enough of the self-loathing.

agreed

You don't want every passerby to witness the horror as well?? Sounds like self-loathing to me. Unwarranted self loathing too I'd add. Unless of course you're just being jokey and self-depreciating.

I will blind them all with my paleness! Wait, if everyone is blind then I can be as pudgy as I like. I'm liking this route to success. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back