1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes 11 - And how it sucks

Discussion in '1010011010' started by 7 - No tomorrow, Nov 30, 2012.

1. 7 - No tomorrow

7 - No tomorrow Moderater Contributor Supporter

Singularly the worst thing Apple has ever produced.

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn..._apple_s_horrible_bloated_program_to_die.html

2. pete

pete chronic procrastinator Staff Member

i've always hated it. looking forward to seeing this new version.

really.
  3. 7 - No tomorrow

I still have a first generation iTouch and it works pisser. It's a fantastic, durable feat of engineering, to my mind.

And yet I need to tether it to this fucking electronic bureaucracy in my PC. Such a killjoy.

Anyway, on familiar turf here.

I just posted the story because I like that Farhad guy and it's cool that we're on the same page.
  4. Theseus Mock

Theseus Mock Well-Known Member

Yer man is on a bit of a rant.

I played with iTunes 11 yesterday for about 10 minutes and it's not too bad. The new layout definitely presents things in a prettier fashion. Don't like the new look? All the options are there to make it look like the iTunes 10 (it default to the new layout on a fresh install). I don't use iTunes on a regular basis since Spotify has taken over my music library and with iCloud since iOS5, I haven't plugged any of my iDevices into my machines (other than to recharge).

The iTunes store is much nicer to navigate, especially the app store. The grid carousel of apps is much more fluid when scrolling about to check out what's on offer.

What I'm surprised that no one has really complained about is the big step back that apple took with the AppStore on iOS6. It's horrible. Bad layout, takes ages to browse through apps if you want to get a good idea of what's decent (depending on whatever special app you want). I've started using Apps Fire & it's really great, apple should buy them out. Their interface is super fast & you can get all app info (release history, price changes, reviews) in one screen for each app. Allows you to make a better informed opinon on whether you're buying something junky or not.
  5. Unicron

Unicron Well-Known Member

iTunes is the single biggest reason I've never bought an iPod.
  6. 7 - No tomorrow

Almost no reason to even own an mp3 player now with all the cloud services
  7. Unicron

Unicron Well-Known Member

Depends on your data plan and how fussy you are about bitrates.
  8. Anthony

Anthony Well-Known Member Supporter

I seem to be one of the few people who had no issues with iTunes. Always worked fine, easy to navigate, no bullshit features, grand. Until now. My biggest issue with iTunes 11 is that it just looks shite, even when rolled back to look like iTunes 10. Really disappointed.
  9. 7 - No tomorrow

unlimited data and listen to most music on the bike. the wind don't care about bitrate.
  10. Jill Hives

Jill Hives Once Removed Supporter Contributor

I've never had a problem.
    That said, I don't really have particular needs.
  11. Anthony

iTunes 11.1 out now.
    As much as I love helvetica I just can't get behind it as the font in iTunes. I edited the "TextStyles.plist" file to put everying back to the old font and it looked better. With this new update I need to do all that again.
  12. nooly

nooly Well-Known Member

itunes buggered my laptop somehow and i can't put it right

therefore i hate it
  13. dudley

dudley Well-Known Member Staff Member Contributor

never had a problem with itunes til now, but this new release is horrendous
  14. pete

pete chronic procrastinator Staff Member

i thought you deleted your entire music library with it?
  15. magicbastarder

magicbastarder Well-Known Member

about eight years ago, itunes knackered my PC to such an extent, and in such a creative way, that i decided it was malevolently self-aware and have given it a very wide berth ever since.
  16. nooly

nooly Well-Known Member

damn - when i saw someone had quoted my post i was hoping the response might tell me how to fix it

i've gone around cleaning, deleting, uninstalling, disabling etc. several times over and i still can't find what's causing the problem
  17. magicbastarder

magicbastarder Well-Known Member

18. Anthony

Appzapper?
  19. xsteox

xsteox Well-Known Member

I tunes has gone balls up here. Was playing just fine last sat, then that dreaded update to v. whatever appeared. clicked on it, then update failed. Now, keep on getting "missing" file something or other, please reinstall. Just did that, still failing to find that file and asking to reinstall. Should I just delete the bloody thing, and go again from scratch????
  20. xsteox

xsteox Well-Known Member

Would deleting/complete reinstalling erase library???