Do any of you ACTUALLY exercise? (2 Viewers)

weights then good run or go on a treadmill i find good.
i like doing low reps of high weights,find you gain muscle much quicker and if your not taking a protein supplement or creatine i wouldn't worry about looking like a body builder after a few months.

I would like to thank Tony Soprano for making large men in suits sexy again, cause I'm fucked if I could be bothered to excercise, give up food or drink less.

Thanks Ton.

The bumping of this thread reminds me that I did fuck all last month. Apart from getting my bike on the road and a few cycles. Apathy. It suits me well.

You've mentioned your dodgey lungs a couple of times now Hayworth.
If its any consolation to you, when I was a chisler, I could walk to the end of the road, but usually had to be carried or driven home. The road wasn't that long. My lungs were almost useless, I was a tiny runty weak asthma ridden kid.

Last year I had to go for an op to undo some of the damage to my sinus that was remaining from having chronic allergies and having my nose smashed in a couple of times, and as part of the run up I had to do some tests, including lung capacity. I had the biggest capacity he had ever measured, he thought the machine wasn't working right, and kept on getting me to repeat the test. I have to do back exercises to keep my floating ribs from dislocating from the size of my lungs whenever I get back on the bike now. I have dropped Israeli special forces behind me in the Andes, and took gear off them to carry so we can move faster to get away from incoming storms.

My point is, your body is pretty adaptable.

I decided as a kid being almost completely helpless and asthma and allergy drug dependent wasn't much fun, and I became a good swimmer, and a fairly shit club cyclist.

I was never going to be a great athlete and I am still pretty runty, there is nothing innate about any fitness I had, all I could do was try to get better, but you do get better if you work at it.

Its never too late, and humans are extremely tough. Its surprising to find out how tough you can be. You just have to work at it.

jerking off is a good workout for one arm.

wanking-cole.jpg

My point is, your body is pretty adaptable.

'strue. i had asthma as a kid, and while i don't have the super lung capacity described above, i do (according to my doc) have at least the lung capacity of someone who never had asthma, because i took up swimming. oh, and from playing the clarinet, though that probably won't get you very fit.

You've mentioned your dodgey lungs a couple of times now Hayworth.

Its never too late, and humans are extremely tough. Its surprising to find out how tough you can be. You just have to work at it.

I got really sick three years ago, ICU type sick. I now have the lungs of a life time smoker even though I've never smoked. There's a lot of scaring and damage there now. I just need to be careful. I do push myself as much as I can but it hurts sometimes. Granted, my activity level in the past three years has drastically dropped as result too. I suppose getting into shape will just take a bit of time and sadly I'm one of those instant gratification monkeys.

'strue. i had asthma as a kid, and while i don't have the super lung capacity described above, i do (according to my doc) have at least the lung capacity of someone who never had asthma, because i took up swimming. oh, and from playing the clarinet, though that probably won't get you very fit.

Oh yeah, no, I mean I know I'm not altogether right in the head regarding how hard I will push things. I used to calibrate how hard to ride in the hills by how distorted my vision became. The lads in the club called me hummingbird because I would ride at pulse rates above 210. None of the rest of the lads had to try as hard as I did, because they were just naturally better than me.

Just out of sheer bloody mindedness and a a critical amount of stupidity I could do stuff, despite having no real aptitude for it. Although now I have some problems with my rib cage.

But with a more normal attitude the less gifted of us can get themselves up to normal people's levels fairly quickly.

I got really sick three years ago, ICU type sick. I now have the lungs of a life time smoker even though I've never smoked. There's a lot of scaring and damage there now. I just need to be careful. I do push myself as much as I can but it hurts sometimes. Granted, my activity level in the past three years has drastically dropped as result too. I suppose getting into shape will just take a bit of time and sadly I'm one of those instant gratification monkeys.

Yeah, you should be careful. Maybe talk to someone who knows about that sort of thing. I know I almost killed myself a fair few times, but, even without being stupid I still say that you might surprise yourself.

You do need to dedicate some time, and you need to force yourself a little to fit it into your routine.
Like where I used to live had no shower, so I would go to the weights room in my university to have a shower before and after work. While I was in there, it was easy to do some lifting.

Or, the job in NY I ride the bike in and out of work. If you can sort of incorporate it into your life then it will be less annoying. Gym memberships, and that sort of thing, are a load of shite usually. Unless you fancy an instructor there, and you actually have an ulterior motive to go, you wont go.

Unless you fancy an instructor there, and you actually have an ulterior motive to go, you wont go.

I don't think that would even get me in there. Doesn't help that I usually fancy those who are larger than me. I like to be the feminine looking one. ;) Skin and bones just doesn't do it for me.

Generally I am pretty good. I am not really a TV person but the gray winters here are not helping. I keep watching dvds of TV shows and I never would have done that back home. I have more of a social triangle here than a circle.

I'm digging my bike though and have been riding it everywhere. I think instinct is coming back too because I just want to ride fast, jump stuff, and skid stop like I did when I was a kid. Plus, I can do that solo.

Honestly, I think I am just going through a bout of homesickness and it's messing with my head. Yesterday didn't help and I kind just want to go home and am avoiding it by making issue of anything else. Blowing things out of proportion, being overly dramatic, and snarly. I will, as my dad says, "shake it off'.

Sunshine and bike rides will fix it. Bring on summer.

I trained for and did a marthon. Turned into a big skinny-malinx.
The problem is after the marathon I stopped training like an athlete but kept eating like an athlete.

FattyPants O'Grady

This is the word of the Lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back