Do any of you ACTUALLY exercise? (2 Viewers)

and for people who struggle because they have a big appetite (and find they eat when they don't really need to), 2 suggestions;

- always have chewing gum handy. I find it a good appetite suppressant

- factor in food to your diet that makes you feel full quicky even though its not that substantial - such as soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo

I :heart: running.

I found exercise pretty painful when I used to smoke. The difference in my ability to do it and my pleasure from it is immense since I quit.

Ah cram it, you smug hoor.

Actually, I'm hoping to join the ranks of the smug hoors after this weekend.
Apart from hospital stays I don't think I've gone more than a fortnight without getting drunk in around 13 years; if I don't but, i'll never get off the cigs.

I am hungover.

HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST ON THUMPED PROPERLY YOU FAT BASTARD. Learn to quote, stinky.

Do give up though. It's deadly.

Sleep More
http://personaldevelopment.suite101.com/blog.cfm/health_tip_sleep_and_stay_thin
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/12/08/sleep-more-lose-weig.html

Rather than embarking on a grand excercise plan. Get off the bus a stop or 2 earlier and walk and small things like that

I lost a small bit of weight since christmas, by cycling to work a bit more. Eating nuts and fruit between meals. It seems to supress the urge to eat a large meal at lunch time with accompanying chocolate muffin. I walk to my destination whenever I can and go for the very occasional run or game of football.

Going for some big lifestyle change will just end in disaster. Don't join a gym, they are an abomination.

and for people who struggle because they have a big appetite (and find they eat when they don't really need to), 2 suggestions;

- factor in food to your diet that makes you feel full quicky even though its not that substantial - such as soup.

The food part is actually easy for me, well sort off. I am also probably the slowest eater on earth. My problem is I forget to eat during the day and then have a huge dinner to make up for it. I just need to spread it out. I actually eat healthy food, I just need to break it up into meals instead of A meal.

I rarely drink, apart from a few glasses of wine a week. And I do love my chocolate but surely if I was exercising my little snacks here and there would be no big issue. I am not a diet person. I am not going to count calories. I am not going to figure out points. I am turning 33 next month and it just seems in the last three years my body has changed tremendously. Damn, thirties. I don't really recognize myself any more.

Sleep More
http://personaldevelopment.suite101.com/blog.cfm/health_tip_sleep_and_stay_thin
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/12/08/sleep-more-lose-weig.html

Rather than embarking on a grand excercise plan. Get off the bus a stop or 2 earlier and walk and small things like that

I lost a small bit of weight since christmas, by cycling to work a bit more. Eating nuts and fruit between meals. It seems to supress the urge to eat a large meal at lunch time with accompanying chocolate muffin. I walk to my destination whenever I can and go for the very occasional run or game of football.

Going for some big lifestyle change will just end in disaster. Don't join a gym, they are an abomination.

I already walk to work everyday and have a gym membership. I take stairs instead of elevators at work. It's time to do more than a small thing in my case.

Actually the best piece of excercise advice i've read is...paraphrasing....Instead of joining a Gym, walk to a pub that is a mile away. So when you get home, you've walked 2 miles and had fun along the way..... From 'How to be Idle'.

water works too and we don't drink enough of that anyway.

My problem is I forget to eat during the day and then have a huge dinner to make up for it. I just need to spread it out.... I just need to break it up into meals instead of A meal.
You found one of the major issues yourself there. Big meals make you bloated and tired and do you no good. Your sugar levels go crazy and you just eventually want more food. Your body also can't deal with large meals as efficiently as when you graze. Which i'm sure you already know. And, if you go to the gym having not eaten all day or directly after a large meal, its not gonna be good for you.

You could try walking a longer route to work. maybe with some hills? or double the distance.

I think this is bad advice, if you allow yourself to get hungry you're likely to overindulge when you do eat.

I'm not talking about waiting until you're ready to drop with the hunger... but a lot of people eat whether they are hungry or not. Five small meals can be much better than 2 or 3 large ones. Chewing every mouthful of food well gives time for your body to register as full so you are less likely to over eat.

All of this sounds like hard work

Is there any pill or dehydrated drink I can take instead?

I didn't hear anyone say anything against the tapeworm/malaria programme

team sports are good and don't feel like as much 'effort'. I play soccer once a week for an hour, currently in second place in the league, only on goal difference. Winners aren't fat.

If so, say someone with bad lungs wanted to lose 2 stone. What would be the best way to go about it?

From someone else in the bad lung club - swimming and aqua aerobics are really good if your lungs can't take running. And anything that you can do at your own pace rather than in a class, so that you can slow down if you start to wheeze like a bellows :)

Chillies, mustard seeds and green tea all speed up your metabolism alledgedly - I haven't noticed much difference to be honest, but they're all yummy anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back