Bicycle courier jobs (3 Viewers)

Lefty Frizzell said:
Hmmm yes. I suppose they're good if your cycling in Europe where the roads are good. I just spent 300 lids on the bastard!:mad:

Its a real flyer though. I got from Cabinteely to the bridge at mount street in 30 minutes yesterday morning.

Aye they are great commuting and touring bikes.
Irish roads are abysimal.

Indeed the larger wheel diameter makes a fucking huge difference. The new bike is for off road/ cross country only. I've still got my road bike for the roads with the little tires (25) through which you feel every bump in the road. True Irish roads are shite.

moose said:
Indeed the larger wheel diameter makes a fucking huge difference. The new bike is for off road/ cross country only. I've still got my road bike for the roads with the little tires (25) through which you feel every bump in the road.

cool do you ride offroad much?
I used to race moutainbikes.

brianoak said:
Aye they are great commuting and touring bikes.
Irish roads are abysimal.

Could you suggest any good road routes for a weekend recreational cycle? Nothing too crazy like.

I was thinking of doing the coast road from dunlaoire to howth and back with a mate this weekend.

My old Giant Terrago is languishing in the garage. I'm thinking about roading it up, but I might just go for a new setup. It's got an LX/XT groupset on it, but it's all fairly ancient now. Such a great bike "back in the day" though.

brianoak said:
cool do you ride offroad much?
I used to race moutainbikes.

Not really about to get started in it. Bunch of the lads I live with when in Wales are big into it and it broke me heart to see them heading out at the weekends and me stuck at home with a road bike, so I decided my big purchase of the summer was gonna be another bike so I could join them.

Do you get out much anymore? Hopefully get out around three rock for a spin soon enough.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Could you suggest any good road routes for a weekend recreational cycle? Nothing too crazy like.

I was thinking of doing the coast road from dunlaoire to howth and back with a mate this weekend.

that would be a fair aul spin but decent if you get the weather.
I know fair few decent ones in the roads in the mountains if you would be into that.Bit tougher but it gets easier every time.

Lefty Frizzell said:

Whatever you decide to do, you'll need this on your iPod.

d744166ex7i.jpg

ICUH8N said:
My old Giant Terrago is languishing in the garage. I'm thinking about roading it up, but I might just go for a new setup. It's got an LX/XT groupset on it, but it's all fairly ancient now. Such a great bike "back in the day" though.

I'd say just road it up. Even a set of slicks'll make a huge difference. Brian seems to be the expert here though.

moose said:
Not really about to get started in it. Bunch of the lads I live with when in Wales are big into it and it broke me heart to see them heading out at the weekends and me stuck at home with a road bike, so I decided my big purchase of the summer was gonna be another bike so I could join them.

Do you get out much anymore? Hopefully get out around three rock for a spin soon enough.

The odd time but I have started doing road spins again to try get cycling fit again.Looking to start heading up the hill again but not with a bunch of dudes into road gaps and 40foot drops etc.Just cross country for me from now on.

ICUH8N said:

If its quite old you may be better off replacing it because parts Bottom Brackets and Cranks and even brake calipers have changed a lot in the last 5 years so many parts on a bike older than that would be obscolete and in turn hard to find parts for.

brianoak said:
If its quite old you may be better off replacing it because parts Bottom Brackets and Cranks and even brake calipers have changed a lot in the last 5 years so many parts on a bike older than that would be obscolete and in turn hard to find parts for.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Had my eye on some sweet IF and Seven frames before my return to Student status. Might still pull the trigger.

do it.Just stick a deore groupset on it.Cheap and savage quality.Get the hydro discs though because the cables are shit.

Deore groupset would be about 500 excluding rims,dont quote me,nad then whatever you spend on frame forks and finishing kit.

By cheap i mean cheap,by racing mtb standards.

brianoak said:
The odd time but I have started doing road spins again to try get cycling fit again.Looking to start heading up the hill again but not with a bunch of dudes into road gaps and 40foot drops etc.Just cross country for me from now on.

Been cycling around and across town a fair bit since I've been back in Dublin trying to get the legs back in working order. Give us a shout if you fancy heading out for a bike ride sometime. I'll say hello at one of the many gigs happening over the next two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back