Bicycle courier jobs (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know if shaven legs account for much of a speed increase when skangers push their buggied spawn full force into rush hour traffic?

RSJ said:
What's a good hybrid? Probably do road stuff during the week, then some burren shit at weekends while herself's getting treatments and such.

giant and Trek do some great hybrids below 500 euro however if you are gonna ride offroad get a mountainbike and use some slicks when riding on the road.

Ok, who’s the gobshite who cycled up the contra-flow bus lane (illegal to start off with) on the Green when the bus pulled up to the stop and opened its doors to let people off? Nearly knocking at least two people to the ground.

Grrrr!

carbide said:
i'd much rather be hit as a pedestrian than hit someone as a cyclist, actually - i've hit people who've stepped off the path suddenly (damn you, ranelagh in the mornings) and they've been fine while i've gone flying, wrenched the shit out of my knees and been a bruised, twitchy wreck for ages. momentum, narrow base, and all the tender bits of a pedestrian equals badness. doubleplus badness for cyclists hitting cyclists.

unless you're in a car (or maybe a tank) i think right of way is largely theoretical, also.
People have been kilt by bikes. It’s a large piece of metal hurtling at you. Put it this way, as a pedestrian, I’ve been walked into by pedestrians and they haven’t done me too much damage.

As I mentioned earlier, pedestrians don’t have much right of way in this country. But we should treat them as if they do.

We have to take into account their disabilities as well as their ability to be stupid.

Anyway, what’s the cheapest mountain bike to be had in this fair city for moderate use (maybe an hour a day)? Have to get back into this cycling lark.

Sounds like a laugh.

Like Death Race 2000.

Goff said:
Ok, who’s the gobshite who cycled up the contra-flow bus lane (illegal to start off with) on the Green when the bus pulled up to the stop and opened its doors to let people off? Nearly knocking at least two people to the ground.

Grrrr!

People have been kilt by bikes. It’s a large piece of metal hurtling at you. Put it this way, as a pedestrian, I’ve been walked into by pedestrians and they haven’t done me too much damage.

As I mentioned earlier, pedestrians don’t have much right of way in this country. But we should treat them as if they do.

We have to take into account their disabilities as well as their ability to be stupid.

Anyway, what’s the cheapest mountain bike to be had in this fair city for moderate use (maybe an hour a day)? Have to get back into this cycling lark.

Sounds like a laugh.

Like Death Race 2000.

Maybe you should buy a big tricycle and all of us retards that obviously dont have your skill and awareness can follow in single file in an anti clockwise direction around the city, using an airhorn you can give couriers permission to deliver their packages and for us commuters to leave the convoy and also warn pedestrians at the same time

griftxl.jpg

inspector horse said:
Maybe you should buy a big tricycle and all of us retards that obviously dont have your skill and awareness can follow in single file in an anti clockwise direction around the city, using an airhorn you can give couriers permission to deliver their packages and for us commuters to leave the convoy and also warn pedestrians at the same time

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there.

But anyway….

These trikes...they cheap?

Lefty Frizzell said:
Why don't you get over your fear and cycle a bike around the city for a few weeks?

I don't need a bike right now.

I cycled to and from the bog last time I was home. Thoroughly enjoyable. City cycling is a different kettle o fish though.

Goff said:
I think you got the wrong end of the stick there.

But anyway….

These trikes...they cheap?
#

you could get a nice Pashley for about 900.So not cheap.

Ever see Arthur who cycles around the city in a yellow full face helmet on tricycle??

Anyway,it usually pedestrians who are at fault in bike/peds accidents.

I've got a specialized rockhopper that I love to bits, but I'm thinking about replacing it with a lady-bike that has me sitting upright.
Its just my shoulders hurt (along the shoulderblades) when I cycle for any serious amount of time, or with anything on my back. I cycle a good bit and love touring so it's pretty annoying when it hurts. I feel like I have too much of a stretch to the handlebars maybe...
Does anyone know if it is likely to be something that can be sorted by adjusting things, or getting new handlebars (I already got a new stem a few years back but it's still bad) or if the frame is too big or maybe ladies bikes were invented for us for a reason...
Words of wisdom anyone?

mazzyianne said:
I've got a specialized rockhopper that I love to bits, but I'm thinking about replacing it with a lady-bike that has me sitting upright.
Its just my shoulders hurt (along the shoulderblades) when I cycle for any serious amount of time, or with anything on my back. I cycle a good bit and love touring so it's pretty annoying when it hurts. I feel like I have too much of a stretch to the handlebars maybe...
Does anyone know if it is likely to be something that can be sorted by adjusting things, or getting new handlebars (I already got a new stem a few years back but it's still bad) or if the frame is too big or maybe ladies bikes were invented for us for a reason...
Words of wisdom anyone?

Its usually down to the length of your top tube.Even if your frame fits you leg wise it wont neccacarily be the right length for you.

thats why a lot bike manufactureres have Women Specific Geometry i.e shorter top tube and shorter stem.

What size is your bike?

Riser bars and a 120mm with 45 degree rise stem might sort it out for you.

brianoak said:
#

you could get a nice Pashley for about 900.So not cheap.

Ever see Arthur who cycles around the city in a yellow full face helmet on tricycle??

Anyway,it usually pedestrians who are at fault in bike/peds accidents.

Arthur rules,seen him about a lot recently
Yesterday was the first time in quite a while I've ridden my bike in town. It definately seems like a hell of a lot of people think it's perfectly ok to walk out onto very busy roads without looking. Obviously gossip in the papers etc is way more imprtant than on coming traffic. I seriously was considering dishing out some u lock justice.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Arthur rules,seen him about a lot recently
Yesterday was the first time in quite a while I've ridden my bike in town. It definately seems like a hell of a lot of people think it's perfectly ok to walk out onto very busy roads without looking. Obviously gossip in the papers etc is way more imprtant than on coming traffic. I seriously was considering dishing out some u lock justice.

u lock justice would be an amazing name for bike punk band.

I got so pissed off cycling in the city centre I just stopped.The ammount of taxi's/cars/trucks i was kicking on the way to work just wasnt worth it and unfortunatly Im old enough to be arrested for the cleats on paintwork trick now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back