Anarchism (1 Viewer)

sounds like something shorty's favourite professor would write. i think 'the evolution of the igneous rocks' is enough excitement for me.
it's a mathematician and another lad tearing into french postmodernism's crappy interpretations of science. good times.

What philosophising? Maybe earlier in the thread, but I'd admit as much. The last two pages have just been back and forth banter and slagging (some of it slightly more personal than perhaps necessary but *shrug*). With one or two irreverent jokes. I'm not really offended. I'm finding most of this actually quite funny. I hope I haven't offended you, I didn't set out to.

yip.

him of the transformative hermeneutics of quantum gravity.

eta: reminds me of the time when my friend was trying to explain to me why yeats's poetry is like this:
gyre.gif

What philosophising? Maybe earlier in the thread, but I'd admit as much. The last two pages have just been back and forth banter and slagging (some of it slightly more personal than perhaps necessary but *shrug*). With one or two irreverent jokes. I'm not really offended. I'm finding most of this actually quite funny. I hope I haven't offended you, I didn't set out to.
your condescending philosophising about the nature of science. which you know nothing about. i'm not offended. irritated, yes.

your condescending philosophising about the nature of science. which you know nothing about. i'm not offended. irritated, yes.

Where did I do that? I made a one line comment to a quote by you with a quote by you. And then said if you want we can talk about "science" (dun dun dunn) sometime.
It doesn't take much to irritate you does it? :D !baggyyyy :p And that's not what I set out to do at all. Sorry!
LOL at this thread. Somebody kill it.

I wish nooly was this agressive in real life. Id start going to gigs again to see her give shorty a clothesline.

yip.

him of the transformative hermeneutics of quantum gravity.

eta: reminds me of the time when my friend was trying to explain to me why yeats's poetry is like this:
gyre.gif

Would that be the same friend who introduced you to the Sokal & Bricmont book in the first place?:)

'Cause I wasn't trying to explain why Yeats's poetry was like a gyre. I was ridiculing Yeats's use of a gyre to illustrate his crackpot theory of history. :)

Science is a process
Anarchism is a theory
Yeats fancied a hound
The transformative hermeneutics of quantum gravity was a hilarious piss take of postmodern intellectuals who don't understand science and whose understanding of quantum theory extends as far as 'when shit gets small, wild shit happens' and are willing to swallow anything with the tiniest stamp of authority.

My thoughts on this thread is that it is gay.
It is gay in the prancing about in neon clothes squealing about how fabulous it is to anyone who will listen kind of gay.
I've just made it gayer.

That's like saying
'I wish I was back eating the delicious lady pussy that I gave up when I was younger'

That's mental.
JUST FUCKING EAT IT!
SELF-FLAGELATION IS FOR PADRE PIO!
RELEASE YOURSELF FROM THE PUNK-DIET-SHACKLES YOU CREATED!
RISE UP! as big Jim Larkin said.

No buts!

That's like saying 'I wish I was back eating the delicious lady pussy that I gave up when I was younger after listening to feminist records'.

That's mental.
JUST FUCKING EAT IT!
RELEASE YOURSELF FROM THE PUNK-DIET-SHACKLES YOU CREATED!
RISE UP! as big Jim Larkin said.

No buts!

nah, if i went back on the meat the veggie punk lyrics i've been working so hard on about the health implications of meat eating will be meaningless.

here's the chorus:

caner, cancer, UP YA BUM!
cancer, cancer, UP YA BUM!

The health implications of eating meat are:

1)No more paleness
2)No more dark rings under the eyes
3)No more vitamin supplements
4)No more processed, factory slop styled veggie meat substitutes
5)No more prolapsed arsehole from squeezing through 10kg of faeces a day
6)A really hot set of pecs and abs

Indisputable.

Would that be the same friend who introduced you to the Sokal & Bricmont book in the first place?:)

'Cause I wasn't trying to explain why Yeats's poetry was like a gyre. I was ridiculing Yeats's use of a gyre to illustrate his crackpot theory of history. :)
i basically get my entire intellectual outlook from you :)

all i registered with the yeats thing was "yeats + gyre = ????".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back