Anarchism (3 Viewers)

I thought science was making up reasons for why things are, and trying to prove others' reasons wrong?
science is describing why things are as they are, as best we can. the scientific method is based on the principle of that which has the least proofs AGAINST it, must be the most feasible. i don't reckon you can say fairer than that.

PS it's not about proving others wrong, it's about getting to the truth.

what happened to reading comprehension? this is why science will fail - general ignorance is far too widespread.
hey shorty - choose a meaningful hypothesis, conduct your own suite of experiments, and then comment on the scientific method. because as things stand, scientists spend no time attempting to relate their work to real life. what we really need is an anarchist life manager to tell us what to do. i'll have my finger on the button of nature journal the second you're ready...

Nooly, it was a joke. Get over it.
It was merely a pithy comment on your previous ahistorical and non discursive comment. I'm quite familiar with the philosophical, theoretical and practical backgrounds behind and underpinning science, we can talk about it in real life some time over a pint if you are so inclined. *sigh* No need to be so precious, though it is quite cute. :p

P.S. Despite what you or Oly may continue to imply (though it would seem it is directed more at W. than myself), I have never considered or profered myself as any such anarchist "life manger" or "expert". :rolleyes:

I'm quite familiar with the philosophical, theoretical and practical backgrounds behind and underpinning science, we can talk about it in real life some time over a pint if you are so inclined.
#
wait, what? what is your experience in science, exactly?

#
wait, what? what is your experience in science, exactly?

In the scientific method? None. Philosophy of science? Some. Science can be discussed in the abstract ...

I really enjoy how you seem to find a level of incongruity between, philosophy, anarchism, etc. and science. :) Sorry! :p

In the scientific method? None. Philosophy of science? Some. Science can be discussed in the abstract ...

I really enjoy how you seem to find a level of incongruity between, philosophy, anarchism, etc. and science. :) Sorry! :p
i really enjoy pointing out the incongruity between academic arts student intellectual masturbation on the subject of science, and the work that genuine scientists actually achieve.

i really enjoy pointing out the incongruity between academic arts student intellectual masturbation on the subject of science, and the work that genuine scientists actually achieve.

*claps increasingly slowly* *sigh*

I made an observation,

this thread smokes cock,

from it I tentatively formed a hypothesis,

all threads on thumped smoke cock,

this hypothesis stood until 2pm today when I found this thread

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=60769&highlight=puppies

As a detached observant scientist, I accept my hypothesis was wank, and was formed from insufficient data

*claps increasingly slowly* *sigh*
here's an idea - print a freesheet about your version of how humanity should behave, while volcanologists carry on making concrete differences to the life expectancy and life quality of disadvantaged people.

here's an idea - print a freesheet about your version of how humanity should behave, while volcanologists carry on making concrete differences to the life expectancy and life quality of disadvantaged people.

Ha ha! Why would I do that?
Are there volcanologist NGOs now?

P.S. I know what you meant.

I concur; this thread is scientifically proven to be GAY, and I'm talking the bad kind of gay, the Peter Mark kind, NOT the big sweaty hairy back explosive cock type.

have you read 'intellectual impostures' nooly? i reckon you'd like it.

Ha ha! Why would I do that?
Are there volcanologist NGOs now?

P.S. I know what you meant.
yes, why would you do that. that would involve using your existence to advantage instead of being a semi-crusty smart-arse.
PS there are many volcanologist NGOs - you probably haven't heard of them since volcanological crises don't affect copenhagen or barcelona (cf. spoiled first world punks in lack of genuine problems shocker).

I concur; this thread is scientifically proven to be GAY, and I'm talking the bad kind of gay, the Peter Mark kind, NOT the big sweaty hairy back explosive cock type.

But it's been that way since the first pace, this thread ceased to be in anyway serious a long time ago. And I have to disagree, it's more gay in a denim hot pants on a guy way.

I mean the thread pretty much has "a rainbow bumper sticker on it that says "I love it when balls are in my face." "

yes, why would you do that. that would involve using your existence to advantage instead of being a semi-crusty smart-arse.
PS there are many volcanologist NGOs - you probably haven't heard of them since volcanological crises don't affect copenhagen or barcelona (cf. spoiled first world punks in lack of genuine problems shocker).

When in doubt you can always resort to ...
I'm really beginning to enjoy these online spats. Too bad I actually like you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back