Anarchism (1 Viewer)

pissedoff

Anarchism (from Greek αναρχία, "without archons," "without rulers")[1] is a political philosophy encompassing theories and attitudes which reject compulsory government[2] (the state) and support its elimination,[3][4] often due to a wider rejection of involuntary or permanent authority.[5] Anarchism is defined by The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics as "a cluster of doctrines and attitudes centered on the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary."[6]
There are many types and traditions of anarchism,[7][8] not all of which are mutually exclusive.[9] According to one reference, "there is no single defining position that all anarchists hold," beyond their rejection of compulsory government, "and those considered anarchists at best share a certain family resemblance."[10] Anarchists hold different views as to the economic organisation of society; some favor libertarian communism, collectivist anarchism or participatory economics while others support free market systems like mutualism, agorism, or anarcho-capitalism.[11] Anarchist schools of thought differ fundamentally, supporting anything from extreme individualism to complete collectivism.[

Discuss

yeah, do a search. Plenty of discussion on this already

see also "what is punk"

and then open an artery

hahahahahahahahahah wikipedia definitions of anarchism.

Think you may be looking for libcom.org

If you havn't anything constructive to offer, please do not post in my tthread

Property is theft

I know what anarcism is what i want to do is try to have a discussion about it where people who
might get into political issues talk outside accepted centres

Anarchism is a word which means 'half baked ideas which only work if we're all in dreamy dreamy land surrounded by other anarchists who think exactly the same as each other'. Anarchy cannot coexist with any other ideologies, you're either with 'em or against 'em. The finest anarchists are pro-Palestinian. If Palestine ever gets recognised as an independent state, the anarchists who've been working so hard with to fight for their freedom are going to go rasher and take on Hamas themselves.

Dalkey and Anarchy do not intersect in any way. Is that why you're confused?

This is Ollie taking the piss again isn't it?

EDIT

ha- ok..so its not Ollie :)

but it's definitely a wind up

Anarchism is a word which means 'half baked ideas which only work if we're all in dreamy dreamy land surrounded by other anarchists who think exactly the same as each other'. Anarchy cannot coexist with any other ideologies, you're either with 'em or against 'em. The finest anarchists are pro-Palestinian. If Palestine ever gets recognised as an independent state, the anarchists who've been working so hard with to fight for their freedom are going to go rasher and take on Hamas themselves.

Dalkey and Anarchy do not intersect in any way. Is that why you're confused?
"half baked ideas"? I think you should read some Bakunin

I don't know what being from Dalkey has to do with anything either, stop showing off

So what does anarchism mean to you other than the wikipedia definition that is?

I'm sick of this, i'm trying to have a serious discussion here and all i'm getting is idiots calling it a wind_up, act the clown somewhere else. Idiots

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back