Veggie/Vegan Punks where do you stand on abortion? (4 Viewers)

The way I see it Pro life people don't give a fuck about your vag - they care about the person in it which is a different thing all together.

You can have all the hysterectomies you want I guarantee you there will be no placards.

You cant hope to convince pro life people of anything if you refuse to tackle what for them is the heart of the issue and always preset terrible simplifications of their views.

Dude, you've got to stop presuming that people who are pro-choice haven't dealt with the issue of the life inside the gee. It's very patronising. I really don't have the energy to respond to your post properly without resorting to smashing my face off my keyboard. Like I said, I find it offensive that someone thinks they know better than me what is right for my body or a foetus that lives in it.

Dude, you've got to stop presuming that people who are pro-choice haven't dealt with the issue of the life inside the gee. It's very patronising. I really don't have the energy to respond to your post properly without resorting to smashing my face off my keyboard. Like I said, I find it offensive that someone thinks they know better than me what is right for my body or a foetus that lives in it.

It might be a presumption but I look at this thread and all the other abortion ones and they amount to
"shut up janer"
"its my choice it's nobody elses business"
So while pro-choice people may well have though deeply abut this I don't see it when they defend their beliefs.

There is no such thing as a absolute right. There is always a competing right which it is balance against. Your right to free speech is balanced against peoples right not to be slandered etc etc

This is the case with any right you can mention.

And yet whenever the pro life case is put it is simply a case of - it's my right, fuck off, mind your own business and there is no cognisance given of any of the other competing rights even though they clearly exist.

It might be a presumption but I look at this thread and all the other abortion ones and they amount to
"shut up janer"
"its my choice it's nobody elses business"
So while pro-choice people may well have though deeply abut this I don't see it when they defend their beliefs.

That's not very fair. Many people have articulately presented the pro-choice argument on this forum, and responded quite coherently to anti-abortion views without resorting to the tactics that you mention.

True but I have never - over the course of 2 referenda which I am old enough to remember and the countless debates like this one - heard a pro choice person say "yes the fetus is a living thing and a new person, however I still think abortion is OK".

so what?
why are you so intent on telling people everywhere they need to justify themselves to you? cf. 'cop killed in football riot' thread.

Where's Janer gone? He started this thing. And now he's legged it!

After reading several thick, leather bound books about the issue Ive concluded that abortion is a good thing. And I go to Trinners so I must be right cause I got the books from the Trinners official library.

Case closed.

I find it offensive that someone thinks they know better than me what is right for my body or a foetus that lives in it.
It maybe simplistic but don't abort the foetus and it becomes what you have being for how many years old you are Buzzo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back