Veggie/Vegan Punks where do you stand on abortion? (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
How the fuck can yas be veggies and vegans if you're pro abortion?
Abortion is fucking murder...this has being bugging me for days and fuck it had to get it of my chest.

Im not a veggie or a vegan but I'll give my opinion anyway.

I think that after a certain time when the foetus has developed that abortion certainly is murder and that there is no getting away from that truth. But those are my own personal beliefs.

I don't agree with abortion but I sure as fuck won't impose my will over a womans rights.

Autonomy all the way.

Janer, what do you think about women who've gotten raped having abortions? Just genuinely curious is all.

Abortion is fucking murder...this has being bugging me for days and fuck it had to get it of my chest.
i wouldn't be into eating aborted babies if that's what you mean. i might be persuaded to try a tofu version.

Eating meat (or dairy) = choosing convenience and pleasure for the sake of your tastebuds or just cos you feel like it.

Being veggie or vegan = not eating meat or dairy because you disagree with the cruelty perpetrated upon the animals because of they're being bred just to be killed and cos they will live an unnatural life, all for the sake of profits and meat/dairy consumers' selfish laziness, plus the fact that the use of land for animal production contributes to world starvation and environmental devastation.

Being pro-choice = believing that a woman should have the right to self-determination over her own body, and is NOT subject to the dominant ideology of capitalist patriarchy. Basically, that she can decide her own future for herself, and not have it determined by other forces.

Being pro-life = believing that a woman as a person is inferior to her status as a child-producer.

IN FACT, one could rather say, how can a vegan/vegetarian NOT be pro-choice, and how can they even be in favour of having children, when the reason to not consume animal products is to lessen the suffering and misery in the world, whilst having a child will almost certainly contribute to the suffering and misery in the world.

It's not just about "oh the poor the little babies", just as veggie/veganism isn't just about "oh the poor little animals".

JANER - WAKE UP: HUMAN LIFE IS NOT SACRED. When the world changes so that life is actually worth something, so that every person born and their parents have an equal chance of happiness and well-being, maybe then you can stake a legitimate claim that being anti-abortion = being pro-life.

Until then you're just going to have to try and get over your Catholic hangover.

Since I took the time to answer your question, will you answer mine: are either of your parents devout Catholics?

I'm personally anti abortion. I don't think anyone can say that just because "human life isn't sacred" that a mother has a right to deny a child its life, sacred or not.

It appears to me the majority of posters on this site do not believe in an after life. i myself don't. So if death is the end, why should a foetus not even get the chance to begin its life. All because its mother decided to abort it.

I still don't agree that a vegetarian/vegan should be anti abortion, they have their similarities, but it's still a different issue. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and know one should force theirs on others no matter how right they think they are.

Whether you agree with it or not, hundreds if not thousands travel from these shores each year to have abortions abroad so I guess that it's more a fact of life than anything else. Just because YOU don't agree with it doesnt mean that things should be the way they are. You cant ever get pregnant so you're not really in a postition to know what you're talking about. Your morals are your own and should not infringe upon the lives of others. Sadly, in the case of abortion in Ireland, we're still getting over the dominance that the Catholic Church once held from the time of the drafting of this kips constitution up until we all know when.

As an ex-vegan-vegetarian, I would NEVER stand on an abortion. That would be sick man!

janer, will you ever shut the fuck up? you have said "abortion is murder" endlessly on this site. your sanctimonious repetition and inability to argue your stance coherently only works to present yourself as being utterly ignorant. unless you are just lazily trying to provoke people. either way it's fucking tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back