Throwing cigarettes out of cars (2 Viewers)

I throw my cigarette butt out the window when driving. I am going to continue to do so.
May I remind everyone that this is thumped and not holier than thou boards.ie.

Fuckin knew id find them cunts talking about the exact same rubbish:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055336328&highlight=cigarette+car+windowhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055348110&highlight=cigarette+car+window

ironically it's you that comes across as holier than though.

*golf claps*

so, because it's thumped, people shouldn't be bothered by the fact that when they're cycling along, some douchebag flicks a cigarette at them from his car?

i guess i've probably done this in the past. not proud of myself though, and i defo wouldn't do it now. it really is the height of ignorance. sure half the time it rolls back in the window and lands in your crotch.

fuck it. Filters cotton, thats natural. I'm just sending it back to where it came from. The ground.

It's not cotton and it's not biodegradable.

The cellulose acetate most cigarette filters are made from is a biodegradable resistant material. Depending on conditions, estimates for the time taken for them to degrade range from British American Tobacco's 10 months - 3 years[4], to 10-15 years[5].

This resistance to biodegrading is a factor in littering[6], environmental damage[7] and suggested lung damage[8][9]. In the 2006 International Coastal Cleanup, cigarettes and cigarette butts constituted 24.7% of the total collected garbage, over twice as much as any other category.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_filter

I throw my cigarette butt out the window when driving. I am going to continue to do so.
May I remind everyone that this is thumped and not holier than thou boards.ie.

sorry what? I can't hear you very well. I think your throat cancer is getting worse.

voice_box.jpeg

I always get a smile from smokers who cycle. I love the whole healthy/unhealthy thing.

When I used to see people throwing rubbish out their car window, I would to pick it up and follow them to the next light and tap on their window.
When they rolled it down, I'd hand them back their rubbish.
Nice times out of ten they'd be shamefaced/apologetic about it.
i'd punch them in the face.

My complaint is not about cyclists.
It's that it's generally considered shit behaviour to throw any other kind of rubbish out your car window, and you rarely see it these days, except for cigarettes. Is it okay because cigs are fun or something? So are crisps.

My complaint is not about cyclists.
It's that it's generally considered shit behaviour to throw any other kind of rubbish out your car window, and you rarely see it these days, except for cigarettes. Is it okay because cigs are fun or something? So are crisps.

Cigarettes get a general littering exemption, not quite sure why. Habit?
You see it outside every pub in town every night of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back