Throwing cigarettes out of cars (1 Viewer)

Everyone says they love their dog.
But if it died today you'd be ok about it in a year or two.
What about if your whole music collection spontaneously combusted?
You would NEVER get over that.
Fond memories of a dog Vs White knuckled rage as you remember how excellent your vinyl was.

Basically your record collection means more to you than a dog ever could.
Therefore you're a shallow cunt.
FACT.

Everyone says they love their dog.
But if it died today you'd be ok about it in a year or two.
What about if your whole music collection spontaneously combusted?
You would NEVER get over that.
Fond memories of a dog Vs White knuckled rage as you remember how excellent your vinyl was.

Basically your record collection means more to you than a dog ever could.
Therefore you're a shallow cunt.
FACT.

That's not a fair comparison. It would more apt to compare your dogs death to your entire music collection becoming completely shit and useless over a period of time through no fault of your own. In which case, that would mean that you had terrible music taste and you would get over it in a year or two. Eventually you may get new music (new puppy).

Your arguments have been falling flat all day the strange guy.

My arguments are throw-away and two-dimensional.

In any case, what would everyone prefer:
A huge scratch on both sides of every record you've ever owned and loved rendering them intact but unplayable
OR
Your dog to get run over and miraculously survive only to limp and hobble for the rest of its life, but otherwise happy.

Are you a nun?

Close enough these days. This question reminds me of a section of the book Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman.

You meet your soul mate. However, there is a catch: Every three years, someone will break your soul mate's collarbones with a Crescent wrench, and there is only one way you can stop this from happening: You must swallow a pill that will make every song you hear--for the rest of your life--sound as if it's being performed by the band Alice in Chains. When you hear Creedence Clearwater Revival on the radio, it will sound (to your ears) like it's being played by Alice in Chains. If you see Radiohead live, every one of their tunes will sound like it's being covered by Alice in Chains. When you hear a commerical jingle on TV, it will sound like Alice in Chains; if you sing to yourself in the shower, your voice will sound like the deceased Alice vocalist Layne Staley performing a capella (but it will only sound this way to you.
Would you swallow the pill?

My arguments are throw-away and two-dimensional.

In any case, what would everyone prefer:
A huge scratch on both sides of every record you've ever owned and loved rendering them intact but unplayable
OR
Your dog to get run over and miraculously survive only to limp and hobble for the rest of its life, but otherwise happy.

easy

dog get run over.

records rule.

The smoking ban has turned people into nazis with everything to do with smoking.
People giving you funny looks when you're smoking outside now.
F**k right off! You got what you wanted, enjoy it. Oh, you can't cos everyone is outside now and you're sitting on your own in the pub :)

I do sort of agree with the butts out windows thing but there is a problem for right handed smokers.
The ashtray is on the left, the window is on the right. The cigarette is held in the right hand with the window open to let the smoke out. It's actually easier and safer to throw the butt out the window rather than trying open the ashtray with your left hand, pass a very hot and burning butt from right hand to left hand and then attempt to stub it out in the ashtray while driving.
The obvious solution is to hold the butt until you can find a safe place to pull over and stick it in the ashtray then but no ones gonna do this.

And if anyone suggests that smoking while driving should be banned they obviously don't think there's enough rage on the roads already.

Lighten up people. Go tell a bunch of scumbags in town not to be causing trouble or something useful.

so basically smokers are addicts, yea. the ban is limiting the scope of their addiction, yea. so basically they get ratty and act the bolllox, yea.

i think we need buzzo here to develop a strategy to help the tobacco addicts transition to a better place in the context of the smoking ban so they can stop annoying the fuck out of the rest of us, yea.

Cinemas seem to endure a freedom of litter attitude. The amount of shit that people leave behind them is incredible. If I worked there I'd hate people for it.

Also, remember that ad where the girl drags the stick along the rails and breaks a bottle? That had a bit with fags in the car. "Every time I give him the car, it comes back smelling like an ASH TRAY!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back