Details of the speed sessions, panels & bandtips sessions at this year’s Hard Working Class Heroes festival have been announced.
HARD WORKING CLASS HEROES Industry 2011
Every year at HWCH, Culture Ireland rows in with a huge amount of support for the festival – most notably they fund the attendance of the international industry in an effort to help the artists to develop links and opportunities beyond our own shores.
Attendance at all the industry events is free and is highly recommended to anyone considering any career in music. Have a look to see who’s attending this year’s festival: www.hwch.net/industry.
The context for the convention discussions is a collaboration between HWCH and Jim Carroll from the Irish Times. They have identified key themes in the industry at the moment, some new ideas and some as a result of continued conversations from last year’s event. Panels will be filmed and available as podcasts after the event . And so, to the details of the very busy convention schedule for this year.
HWCH CONVENTION – THE KNOWLEDGE
What you need, plain and simple, is information. Data. Opinions. Views. The knowledge. You need the knowledge. Turn up, listen, take notes and ask questions. What you do with the knowledge you hear over the weekend is completely up to you, but don’t say that we didn’t tell you what’s going on.
A series of informal end-of-the-day/start-of-the-night peer to peer conversations about this, that and the other with plenty of do’s and don’ts for bands at every level. Tongues may be occasionally in cheek, but remember that all advice is good advice.
- The Media – Bandtips Session – Thursday 6th 5pm The Artist Lounge, Filmbase
- The Venue Bookers – Bandtips Session – Friday 7th 5pm The Artist Lounge, Filmbase
- The International Festival Bookers – Bandtips Session – Saturday 8th 5pm The Artist Lounge, Filmbase
- Friday 7th 10.am to 1.00pm, The Button Factory, Curved Street, Temple Bar
- Saturday 8th 10 am to 1.00pm, The Button Factory, Curved Street,Temple Bar
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your slot at the speed sessions. Places are limited and on a first come first served basis. There are 25 places available per day.
- MEET THE GEEKS – Friday 7th 2pm The Button factory
- THE A TEAM – Friday 7th 3.30 pm The Button Factory
- BIOGDIVERSITY – Saturday 8th 2pm, The Button Factory
- THE FREE AGENDA – Saturday 8th 3.30pm The Button Factory
Hard Working Class Heroes – 2011
6th 7th 8th October
Weekend Tickets €45.00 plus fees, Nightly Tickets €20 plus fees
The Button Factory, The Mercantile, The Grand Social, Shebeen Chic Twisted Pepper and The Workmans Club