The shortlist for the Choice Music Prize 2010 Irish album of the year was announced earlier today.
The winner of the €10,000 prize will be announced at a live Choice Music Prize event in Vicar Street on Thursday, March 3rd, which will be covered live on a special 4 hour Paul McLoone Show on Today FM.
The shortlist as selected by this year’s judging panel (comprised of Aidan Cuffe (Goldenplec.com), Ray Darcy (Today FM), Michelle Doherty (Phantom 105.2), Dave Fanning (2fm), Shane Hegarty (Irish Times), Chris Jones (Alternative Ulster), Danny McElhinney (Irish Mail on Sunday), John Meagher (Irish Independent), Jenny Mulligan (Entertainment.ie), Celina Murphy (HotPress), Phil Udell (State.ie), with Tony Clayton-Lea as Chairman) is:
- Adebisi Shank – This is the Second Album of a band called Adebisi Shank (Richter Collective)
- The Cast of Cheers – Chariot
- Cathy Davey – The Nameless (Hammer Toe Records)
- Fight Like Apes – The Body of Christ & The Legs of Tina Turner (Model Citizen)
- Halves – It Goes, It Goes (Forever & Ever) (Hate is The Enemy)
- Imelda May – Mayhem (Universal)
- James Vincent McMorrow – Early in The Morning (Universal)
- O Emperor – Hither Thither (Universal)
- Two Door Cinema Club – Tourist History (Kitsune)
- Villagers – Becoming a Jackal (Domino)
Congratulations to all.
2005: Julie Feeney – 13 Songs (Julie Feeney)
2006: The Divine Comedy – Victory for the Comic Muse (Parlophone)
2007: Super Extra Bonus Party – Super Extra Bonus Party (Alphabet Set)
2008: Jape – Ritual (Co-Op Records)
2009: Adrian Crowley – Season of the Sparks (Chemikal Underground)