you're england manager...pick the team (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter trev
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

trev

Since 1999
i'd go with....

Robinson (Tottenham),
G Neville (Manchester United),
Ferdinand (Manchester United),
Terry (Chelsea),
A Cole (Arsenal),
Carrick (Tottenham), holding midfield
Lampard (Chelsea),
Gerrard (Liverpool), right midfield
J Cole (Chelsea), left midfield
Owen (Newcastle),
Crouch (Liverpool),

Current injuries (and squad) taken into consideration:

Robinson
Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole
Carrick (holding MF)
Lampard (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Beckham (RW)
Cole (LW)
Crouch

Beckham and Cole to push forward in support of Crouch.

4-2-2-2:

robinson

neville
carragher
terry
a cole

downing
lennon

gerrard
lampard

walcott
j cole

they'd get stuffed but.

Robinson
Neville
Cole
Terry
Ferdinand
Beckham
Gerrard
Carrick
Downing
Cole (free role behind the striker)
Owen

Not sure if fat frank has done enough towards the end of the season, let cole and stevie g charge forward leaving carrick to hold.

i'm restraining myself saying this but even so ...
i cannot believe anyone would select rio ferdinand ahead of carragher.
rio is far more naturally talented but as he is idiot has no application of his abilities.
carragher has had another excellent season second only to terry as far as premier league defenders go.

rio sums up most of the values i hate in modern football and the media in general while carragher comes across as humble, honest, hardworking with a sharp footballing brain and a perfectly decent person.

but there you go sponsors don't like that.

The reason I would have rio rather than carra is pace. Terry has none, he has to be first choice (god it pains me to type that), so if you stick carra next to him we would be fucked over by any quick stricker and a long ball over the top.

I agree that rio is repulsive, but the fact he has the pace and has played more times with Terry gives him the edge for me. Thats a fairly settled back four, no need to mess around with it going into the world cup.

no fucking ferdinand, what is wrong with ye? you would not be fucked for pace with balls over the top. how does carragher manage alongside sami "carl lewis" hyypia every week?
as with trev except carragher for ferdinand.

4-4-1-1
Robinson
Neville
Cole
Terry
Ferdinand
Beckham
Gerrard
lampard
Downing
Cole (free role behind the striker)
Crouch

I don't think Ferdinand is all that, but I just think Terry and Carra are too similar - big hearted players who rely on good positonal sense rather than pace. Rio plays better if he has a quality CB next to him. Terry and Ferdinand have played together and so at this stage have a better understanding.

I'm not ruling out a Carra/Terry future, I just don't think they should go messing with a partnership that has done alright up to now, on the eve of the world cup.

therecklessone said:

Robinson
Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole
Carrick (holding MF)
Lampard (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Beckham (RW)
Cole (LW)
Crouch

I'd go with that. Gerrard and Lampard would also support Crouch.

robinson is a fat oik, isn't he? i think he's a bit suspect. i'd almost go with james were it not for his ability to make and utter disaster out of nothing. so james it is.
and ashley cole is never gonna get through this world cup with 2 games of football behind him this year. far from being fresh, he'll not be match fit.
when the world cup kicks off, and roony is still crocked. owen will get injured in the first game and they'l have crouch up front on his own. crouchy hasn't really got the cop on to lead teh line against any team with a decent defence.
and i also thik the face that lampard, cole and ferdinand are cunts will work agaisnt them. there's a certain.. cuntiness to them.
carrick is class, all this talk about dropping beckham, is he fit to be captainetc is just english press whining cos their captain doesn't play in their league, thus casting aspersions on their beloved "best league in the world". beckham is class when it comes to the dead ball. i'd have gerrard and carrick in the middle (see above).

anyway, the world cup isn't glamourous. there's no romantic stories to be had. the best team more often than not wins. nd that sure as fuck ain't ingerlan

Stan Bowles said:
I don't think Ferdinand is all that, but I just think Terry and Carra are too similar - big hearted players who rely on good positonal sense rather than pace. Rio plays better if he has a quality CB next to him. Terry and Ferdinand have played together and so at this stage have a better understanding.

I'm not ruling out a Carra/Terry future, I just don't think they should go messing with a partnership that has done alright up to now, on the eve of the world cup.

i don't see two good positional defenders playing together as a problem to be honest. nor am i aware of any great rapport between ferdinand and terry. ferdinand is a ball watcher who can't be trusted. he's englands andy o'brien. carragher can free up terry to push forward. i think three weeks of training is plenty of time to start from scratch.

having said all that, erikson will of course pick ferdinand

Stan Bowles said:
I don't think Ferdinand is all that, but I just think Terry and Carra are too similar

i'm a pool fan but the above is why i'd put rio doggy dogg in ahead of carra gold. also rio is better with a ball at his feet.

therecklessone said:

Robinson
Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole
Carrick (holding MF)
Lampard (CM)
Gerrard (CM)
Beckham (RW)
Cole (LW)
Crouch

I'd go with this except I'd have Carragher in for Rio and allow Stevie G to get forward instead of Beckham

MAGIC JOHNSON
WILLIAM 'THE FRIDGE' PERRY
HULK HOGAN
DICK TRICKLE
FRANZ FERDINAND
SMUSH PARKER
ICKY WOODS
BARRY BONDS
BERNHARD LANGER
CLIFF THORBURN
AND DAVID BATTY.

AND I'LL REPLACE MYSELF AS MANAGER WITH FANNY APPLES.

ALLAHQUANDO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back