Your Health Is Your Wealth (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
Again, I hate sounding like a cultist. But some of the DDP yoga success stories are mind blowing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that's amazing

I've run 1,052 miles this year (probably a little more)
And done 53,545 pushups, on track for about 80,000 for the year

Not saying this to say that I'm great or anything

Three years ago, I couldn't run one lap around a track
And could barely do three pushups in a row

With consistency, these things are achievable by anyone, they will make your world bigger, and can change your life

2 months of strict enough diet and exercise has got me to 15% body fat, my new scales say. I reckon that is mostly sustainable but i do miss biscuits and haribos.

I'm half way through a 30 day kettlebell programme but want to move on to pullups after this. Little targets along the way.

we had richard osmans house of games on last night, and they had a question as to the average distance adults walk each year in the UK. the average guess from the contestants was about 2,000 miles.
the actual answer was less than 200.

guitar "practice" gone right out the window with keeping this up and looking after my skin. forget about the keyboard.

2 months of strict enough diet and exercise has got me to 15% body fat, my new scales say. I reckon that is mostly sustainable but i do miss biscuits and haribos.

I'm half way through a 30 day kettlebell programme but want to move on to pullups after this. Little targets along the way.
This is exactly how it's done, man

Fuck biscuits (unpopular opinion)

Biscuits are for eating for the week or two before you die on the icebreaker, or for hotels to malnourish you with before they announce the dinner prices.

we had richard osmans house of games on last night, and they had a question as to the average distance adults walk each year in the UK. the average guess from the contestants was about 2,000 miles.
the actual answer was less than 200.
Interesting. I just checked my phone and I did over a 1000 miles walking in the last 12 months. Take that, UKanians!

the furthest i walked from the house today was 150m. so a return trip would be 300m, or less than a fifth of a mile. i did that twice, but apart from that the only other time i passed the end of the driveway was to take the bin in. i would be surprised if i walked a mile today.

I dunno

In don't have my phone on me when I do work that has walking in it but my average is less than a mile here. The walking parts aren't in a lot of people's lives though.

Driving is averaging 2-3 hrs a day. Booo.

I got one of those chest-strap heart-rate monitors, and I'm changing my exercise regime to aim for 32 mins Zone 2 exercise (60-70% max heart rate) plus 8 mins strength 5 days a week. The Zone 2 thing is surprisingly easy - mowing the grass with the mower's drive off counts, very slow running with walking on the hills counts (and it's mostly hills around here).

Suggests that before now I've been going a bit too hard with the exercise, which might explain all the tiredness and injuries

My sister-in-law was talking about following a mutual friend's runs on Strava, and being astounded by how low the guy's heart rate is for how fast he's going. Seems like Zone 2 training really works if you keep at it. Hard to lose the "no pain no gain" attitude though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back