Your Favourite Albums of All Time (1 Viewer)

I'm kind of more ideologically opposed to his existence rather than offended by the actual music or singing.

This is picking up a little on the third song.

Tuesday's paper
Transcendent Slowdive worth the 20-year wait - Music - The Boston Globe

“Alison” and “Souvlaki Space Station,” from 1993’s “Souvlaki,” rippled over the crowd in waves of joy and recognition.

I can’t remember the last time I saw so many eyes closed at a rock concert, as if posing an inner question: Is this really happening?

Tuesday's paper
Transcendent Slowdive worth the 20-year wait - Music - The Boston Globe

“Alison” and “Souvlaki Space Station,” from 1993’s “Souvlaki,” rippled over the crowd in waves of joy and recognition.

I can’t remember the last time I saw so many eyes closed at a rock concert, as if posing an inner question: Is this really happening?
aww... good for them. It's just music that I couldn't possibly be any less interested in.

We all do it though, I went to see thepresidentsoftheusa play their first album a few years back. Just about every single person at the concert had been 12 in 1996.

aww... good for them. It's just music that I couldn't possibly be any less interested in.

We all do it though, I went to see thepresidentsoftheusa play their first album a few years back. Just about every single person at the concert had been 12 in 1996.

Sure thing.

I'm not advocating for it, just a bit gobsmacked that this level of awe exists for a band I barely know the name of.

An attractive woman of my acquaintance has this as her list

1. Souvlaki, Slowdive
boring

2. Violator, Depeche Mode
Grand

3. Love's Secret Domain, Coil
Masterpiece

4. Loveless, My Bloody Valentine
Masterpiece

5. Among My Swan, Mazzy Star
Boring

6. Disintegration, The Cure
Masterpiece

7. Low, David Bowie
Great

8. Drums & Guns, Low
Good bordering on great

9. Tender Buttons, Broadcast
Boring

10. The Ape of Naples, Coil
Good

11. Beyond the Blue Mosque, Muslimgauze
Don't know

12. But What Ends When The Symbols Shatter, Death In June
Boring/racist

13. Let England Shake, PJ Harvey
Masterpiece

14. Young Team, Mogwai
Boring

15. Selected Ambient Works Vol II, Aphex Twin
Good

I have a busy weekend of cramming

If she's a Death in June fan then you better start reading Mein Kempf and getting used to the same 3-4 chords strummed in the same way on every, single song.

If she's a Death in June fan then you better start reading Mein Kempf and getting used to the same 3-4 chords strummed in the same way on every, single song.

Hmmm
I'm guessing my response ranging from the Buzzcocks to The La's to Outkast didn't do anything for her

Still, it's fairly rubbish. Coil completely lost it in their last 2 or 3 years.

Well it was just Sleazy at the end finishing off stuff started and left hanging after balance died. The original Backwards album from New Orleans is much stronger, that would have been a better release to cap off their career. I do think "Fire of the Mind" is incredible though but the rest of the album doesn't match up.

Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson: Member of Throbbing Gristle, Psychic TV and Coil. Director of music videos for pretty much everyone who put a video out in the 1980s/1990s. Designer at Hipgnosis design studio (designed a couple of Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin covers).

Jhonn Balance: Other half of Coil. Lunatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back