Your claim to fame? (1 Viewer)

Did the RTE work expierience thing too. The rotating prize-stand broke down one day on the set of jo-maxi, so i stood by it rotating a motorised push car (this show was for teens) by hand, looking at my feet,in a deathly silence that was punctuated only by the squeaking of the stand. Had to be there i guess.

Spilt coffee over Hansard. AND got a signed skateboard from ASLAN. Wish i'd held on to that.

What was the movie (with James Nesbitt)?

The Most Fertile Man in Ireland.

for anyone considering extra work, DONT do it. we were up on Killiney Hill for ten hours in the middle of winter filming a scene that was supposed to be set in belfast during the summer. we were not dressed for the season. pricks.

The Most Fertile Man in Ireland.

for anyone considering extra work, DONT do it. we were up on Killiney Hill for ten hours in the middle of winter filming a scene that was supposed to be set in belfast during the summer. we were not dressed for the season. pricks.

I extra'd on "Big Dippers" which had Jimmy N, and again, I had a great time.
Besides the considerable hassle of getting out to Dublin Port at 6am (only to have the actual movie people show up late).

We got to go on a boat. They gave us one of the cafeteria areas to ourselves. It was fully stocked and I ravaged the place.
I did two hours of miming in the background in the whole 13 hour day. The rest of the time I ate, explored, took photographs and slept. And I got to Wales and back again, all in a day!

But yeah, it's a very hit and miss kinda job, and the days are loooooong. Depends what you wanna get out of it I spose. I just wanted food.

My brother and I were pictured on a poster advertising the Gaelteacht that was in probably every school in the country.
I've never been to the gaelteacht, I'm a brit, photo taken in the field behind my parents' place in Dunsh.

The photo that's on the cover of Large Mound's Go Forth And Amplify was in an Ireland guide book for years. It was ommitted when they revised the edition in the late 90s.

I once sold Angela Landsbury granite piers and balls for her garden in Cork (while I was working in an architectural salvage yard). She's a very nice lady.

Used to see a lot of Eddie Irvine while he was part owner of Cocoon. Worked near there and we had to go outside to smoke... he was always hanging around trying to look cool. So we made a point of ignoring him.

I did a few live interviews on radio in Wicklow and Carlow when I was involved in a Heritage Town project. I've also had my photo in the Carlow Nationalist and the Wicklow People.

Gary Shaw was in my house once.

NB you will only know who Gary Shaw is if you supported Aston Villa in the 80s.

Gary Shaw was in my house once.

NB you will only know who Gary Shaw is if you supported Aston Villa in the 80s.
ah yeah, handsome blonde bloke. that's by far the best one.

i impersonate eddie izzard at parties for toffs.

my best one is probably still ian mckaye giving me a hug.
i did stuff that ended up on the front page of the UCD newspaper a few years back.
oh and when i was a kid i had my photo in the tribune for some vague reason or other - i think i wrote a cute letter to their kids' page or something.

I don't think I have a single one, which makes this a pretty pointless post. No, wait: I would have been on the front page of the Limerick Leader for my Junior Cert results except I didn't turn up for the photo. Got baked instead.

I don't think I have a single one, which makes this a pretty pointless post. No, wait: I would have been on the front page of the Limerick Leader for my Junior Cert results except I didn't turn up for the photo. Got baked instead.
that's fucking extra ordinary.
you go girl. blankity blank cheque booke and pen on it's way to you right now.

i got caught by the roots stealing their beers backstage at a heineken green energy thing in galway. me and spam javelin. i had 12 cans of heineken and a few packs of pringles and spammers had a smoked salmon and beers. we had been in their tent thingy eating and drinking during their show.

they walked in and nabbed us.
"if you want some of the roots beer, you just got to axe the roots"
"the wu?"
"get the fuck out"

themn we went out and ate pringles and smoked salmon and drank beer with Cajmere/Green Velvet who was sound.

i got caught by the roots stealing their beers backstage at a heineken green energy thing in galway. me and spam javelin. i had 12 cans of heineken and a few packs of pringles and spammers had a smoked salmon and beers. we had been in their tent thingy eating and drinking during their show.

they walked in and nabbed us.
"if you want some of the roots beer, you just got to axe the roots"
"the wu?"
"get the fuck out"

themn we went out and ate pringles and smoked salmon and drank beer with Cajmere/Green Velvet who was sound.
I got felt up by one of the Roots after their show in the Music Centre a few years ago. It was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back