Your claim to fame? (1 Viewer)

I sold strawberries to Floyd from fair city and Damian Rice with Lisa Hanigan but called Damian Rice David by accident.

What's Floyd like. Sound, I'd say. I hope he's left the shithole that is Fair City at this stage.

Here's mine:

Ian MacKaye looked directly at me at the Evens show after their first song and asked me, seemingly quite sternly, "how was that for you?" I just froze. Completely. I thought he was chastising me. I muttered "mmm, er, it's fine" in my most pleasant-sounding voice. Turns out he was just looking for general comments on the accoustics/ sound in the venue....

Paul Hill gave me £3 for my confirmation when I bumped into him. Also his wife is Robert Kennedy's daughter/JFK's niece. He was cool.

I was an extra in Breakfast on Pluto (which I haven't seen), and another TV movie starring James Nesbitt.

Paul Hill gave me £3 for my confirmation when I bumped into him. Also his wife is Robert Kennedy's daughter/JFK's niece. He was cool.

I was an extra in Breakfast on Pluto (which I haven't seen), and another TV movie starring James Nesbitt.

Oh this reminds me, I was taken to a paul daniels-stravaganza in the gaiety for my 10th birthday and he wished me happy birthday from the stage.

I have twinks autograph.

Stan Bowles met Lenny Henry

I was an extra in Breakfast on Pluto

I worked a day on that in Bray. Worst fucking working conditions ever. So bad, I didn't even bother going back for my second day.
Were you working in Bray, Sean? Did you have to do that awful dance chicken type thing? Ruth Legge is lovely.
There was this seriously annoying American fuckhead who pretty much everyone despised. Such a head-wrecker.
Let's not even disguise the wig...and they massacred my beard!

On top of that, having to watch surly Neil Jordan* moaning about like a total burnout wasn't much fun either. It was raining that day. How apt...

* Anyone else really dislike his films?

Met loads of heads whe n i worked in the stags head. Top of the list was meeting ron Jeremy, Salaman Rushdie, and Nick Leeson asking for two bottles of carlsberg:

Nick: "Two Bottles Carlsberg please"

Me: "There you go Nick, That'll be 600 million euro please."

Also worked with gavin friday. On a cow. Over tea.

Met loads of heads whe n i worked in the stags head. Top of the list was meeting ron Jeremy, Salaman Rushdie, and Nick Leeson asking for two bottles of carlsberg:

Nick: "Two Bottles Carlsberg please"

Me: "There you go Nick, That'll be 600 million euro please."

i presume nick told you to fuck right off.

I worked a day on that in Bray. Worst fucking working conditions ever. So bad, I didn't even bother going back for my second day.
Were you working in Bray, Sean? Did you have to do that awful dance chicken type thing? Ruth Legge is lovely.
There was this seriously annoying American fuckhead who pretty much everyone despised. Such a head-wrecker.
Let's not even disguise the wig...and they massacred my beard!

On top of that, having to watch surly Neil Jordan* moaning about like a total burnout wasn't much fun either. It was raining that day. How apt...

* Anyone else really dislike his films?

Yeah, I was in Bray on one of the days. I did the chicken dance. Loads of stuff happened actually. Personally I had a fucking great time. Wouldn't like to do it for a living though.

Corey said:

Me too, on the second day. He is very tall.

Was on an airport shuttle bus thing with James Brown. Told this story on thumped before can't be bothered saying it again.

Met Jerry and Doug from King's X in Burger King on O'Connell st the day before they played the Point with AC/DC. Chatted for a while then walked down O'Connell st as far as the no. 10 bus stop with them. Told Doug that I couldn't get their latest single anywhere. A few months later it arrived in the post on 12" accompanied by a paper plate with "Anthony, thanks for being there, Doug" written on it. Found out in later years that they were having a really hard time on that tour (not with AC/DC but loads of other shit)
I've met Doug maybe twice since but I couldn't bring myself to remind him of "our day".

Oh this reminds me, I was taken to a paul daniels-stravaganza in the gaiety for my 10th birthday and he wished me happy birthday from the stage.

I have twinks autograph.

Stan Bowles met Lenny Henry

How does one remind you of the other?

My second cuzzint is Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers (and Steely Dan)
d756554qomc.jpg
I saw Joachim Kelly dropping his 99 outside Tullamore Garda Station.

My second cuzzint is Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers (and Steely Dan)

ME BOLLIX!

If that's true it's the best thing I think I've heard in forever. If it's not, it's a pretty cool lie.

"I know Michael McDonald's cousint. Well. I've communicated with him. Indirectly. And I don't know his name or what he looks like. BUT I KNOW HIM"

Sex Pistols manager
interviewed him
Drove past James Nesbitt as he was filming that Bloody Sunday film in Ballymun and took the piss outta him which got him a bit peeved (shit film too)
was an extra in a shit movie with him in it.

gave matthew mcconaughey a tampon (long story)

sold debbie harry a bag

had pic in evening herald last christmas for some "irish abroad coming home for christmas" special. scarleh. (the fuckers took it at the airport too as i came into the arrivals hall. pricks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back