You know you're getting old.... (7 Viewers)

My dad types with the index finger of one had and constantly chain smoking with the other hand. Despite his slow typing, he’ll still regale everyone with the story about that time he hacked the FBIs website.
It was their Wikipedia page.

I still think putting exclamation marks and question marks right at the end of a word rather than leaving a gap looks weird.
As in "Why ?" or "Fucks sake like !"
That's how it SHOULD look.

I'm going to say controversial. I disagree with you entirely. However I'm not in a mood for a big argument. What you're describing is some odd autocorrect thing. Language evolves, but the correct way is to not have a space.

Respect and everything.

I worked with a guy who'd been a software tester for 10 years, and he was a 2 finger typist. Probably still a software tester, probably still typing with 2 fingers (and doing it for 20 years at this point)
This is it for a lot of us folks. We cannot hack typing and never will.
But at least it is not my job.
I typed this on the phone with one finger. It doesn't really occur to me how long this takes. I don't know any different and just had to get with the programme 20 years ago.

Shaving. Now there is something really annoying.
Poor eyesight + poor coordination = no fun.

my wife, when she wants to type a capital letter, say A, will type <caps lock> <a> <caps lock>

she does not understand my reaction to this.
A lot of my posts were written in entirely in lower case - except names and band names (all upper case).
I only moved away from this in late 2010's or something. Not really essential for starting a sentence

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • M
  • N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back