You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

no no, he probably fucked something up. go down the shed and have a look for water around junction boxes and exposed cabling
Have another guy calling today. It's the sockets in the sitting room and part of the kitchen that are affected. Although the bathroom light is acting up too. Will keep you posted

tumblr_m9qiopkqJO1r1b3q4o1_500.jpg

exciting stuff eh?

i plan to log on tomorrow to check.
will be entertaining my mother this evening
The electrician that called was an old (really old) guy who had been in the house before sometime in the 70s when he was doing his apprenticeship. That kind of thing happens when you live in the sticks. He rewired a few sockets so we have TV again, but there's more work to do.

There.

The thought of traffic jams & looking for parking puts you off going to places.

Speaking for myself here, but the obsessive interest I had in things is waining. I hope its just a phase.

I "helped" the drain guy I called out last night by making encouraging noises and taking an interest in the physics of the whole thing. Turns out we will need to replace the pipe leading to the septic tank but until then I have to get right in the with my rod. Yeah, you heard me. Durty.
I neglected to buy drain rods to keep this thing under control. It's all backed up again.

I spent my bank holiday weekend rodding a blocked sewer. The following day I realised I'd created a papier mache (or poo-per mache) sun-hardened river of shitty toilet paper down the driveway and had to power hose it away. On the plus side I got to try out my new overalls.

I don't miss that craic. It used to be a regular job in this old cottage we lived in where heavy machinery had crushed the underground pipes, we lived in a builders yard. When we moved to an estate I thought those days were behind us, until a Baby Wipe Flushing Asshole moved in a few doors down (previously detailed on thumped). Now we (read: I) just have to deal with a jacks that can barely flush ANYTHING will clog whenever it feels like it. So I don't don't miss it. IT'S ONGOING.

shite. literally.

The guy I called out originally to fix it says our broken pipe will have to be fixed at some point.But that's going to involve a small digger and loads of expense. So I just have to keep on top of it. Because I'm the man of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back