Xbox 360 update? (1 Viewer)

Danny_Mc

I just treated myself to a wireless adapter today. While connecting to Xbox Live, I get a message saying that there is an update available. When I start to download the update it fails and tells me to check the connection etc. Of course when I do a connection test, it tells me there is an update available , and the whole cycle starts again!

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Hmm I guess I'll try that. The room where it's all set up is too far away from my modem to use a wired connection for regular play but maybe just for the update I can try to attach directly to the modem..... I'll give it a shot and see what happens...thanks

I just treated myself to a wireless adapter today. While connecting to Xbox Live, I get a message saying that there is an update available. When I start to download the update it fails and tells me to check the connection etc. Of course when I do a connection test, it tells me there is an update available , and the whole cycle starts again!

Any suggestions on what I can do?

maybe try doing the update via ethernet cable first? unplug wireless adapter, connect directly to your router/computer with ethernet cable, download update, replug wireless adapter?

edit: didn't see other replies before repeating what pete said

i had exactly this problem. if you go to network settings -> additional settings you need to enter PPPoE settings if your with eircom. username is eircom not too sure of password. make sure you also enter your WEP code and it should work after that.

i had exactly this problem. if you go to network settings -> additional settings you need to enter PPPoE settings if your with eircom. username is eircom not too sure of password. make sure you also enter your WEP code and it should work after that.

Hmmm where can I find all that info? Is it through this?

Hmmm where can I find all that info? Is it through this?

no, it's in the network settings on the xbox - looks like what you posted is a link to your router (link won't work for anyone outside your network).

for what nofriendo is saying, it's the xbox network settings you need to change, not your router's

no, it's in the network settings on the xbox - looks like what you posted is a link to your router (link won't work for anyone outside your network).

for what nofriendo is saying, it's the xbox network settings you need to change, not your router's

Shit. How do I do this then?

I have tried all sorts of stuff for this now.

I connected the Xbox directly to the modem...no joy

I downloaded the update, burned it to a CD and it won't play on the Xbox...

I put the update on a USB flash stick, nothing happened!

When I start the network test, it tells me that "Xbox Live is Up and Running" then the whole "update" carry on starts again!

I have tried all sorts of stuff for this now.

I connected the Xbox directly to the modem...no joy

I downloaded the update, burned it to a CD and it won't play on the Xbox...

I put the update on a USB flash stick, nothing happened!

When I start the network test, it tells me that "Xbox Live is Up and Running" then the whole "update" carry on starts again!

one quick thing you could try. set your firewall on the modem to low. this should allow the update to be downloaded and applied. then you can set it back to normal. for some reason the eircom security settings do not like xbox updates.

make sure that the PPPoE settings are correct on your xbox for eircom. Just google eircom, xbox, PPPoE and you should find the right ones. Aslo the WEP code from the router should be entered into you xbox -> network settings if you are not connecting directly to the router.

i am stuck in germany because of the poxy volcanic ash so i cant tell you my settings at the moment !

When i had the same problem, the update wouldnt go through until the router security setting were set to low. I still had problem with matchmaking and online games until the PPPoE settings were correct though

Well after trying all sorts of stuff I called Xbox customer services and after a long (probably costly) call it is now all up and running! Thanks for all the suggestions though lads

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back