X-Music - new Irish music superstore & Thomann-esque website (1 Viewer)

is the 2nd hand guitar gear listed anywhere on the website?

ive never seen a shop in ireland that deals with second hand synths really. its mainly something that is traded on the buyandsell/adverts scene. id love to see a second hand synth shop but i dont think itd really work.

xmusic have a lot of second guitar gear for sale.

Finally went out on Saturday. I did a bit of price comparing and was surprised to find that the us standard strats were 50 quid cheaper than thomann. Spent an hour playing a load of them through a bassman and a deluxe reverb and then bought one. Much better than having one posted.

went out on saturday and one of the guys working there was playing from behind the desk via a wireless thing connected to the amp thing on the floor.
spooky.

i've not really made much sense there have i?

it's big brand names all the way though...wasn't amazed by their selection of effects though their prices are generally the same as Thomann, without having that €15 p+p charge...

no YOU ask them

well maybe I will, though I don't want to torture myself with thoughts of buying gear I can ill afford at the moment.... still looks like Thomman have gone on a big price offencive... 90 quid is a big drop, just curious really

Right dinguses - hears my latest batch of thoughts about X-music.Since there using my idea about online price matching heres a few more:

Second hand!!!

Get all the people who work in your shop to bring in their old second hand stuff to start you off. Let them sell it maybe just for store credit which they can sell on or something.Maybe say if they sell one of their own items the store gets the commission. Could be good sales training for them Then start buying in second hand gear for store credit or cash converter prices e.g. one third of what you can sell it for.Why would you bother selling second hand gear when you have so much new shizzle to sell?
One it gives you an edge over waltons and music maker.Two the amount of people selling stuff to places like cash converters goes up in a recession as does the number of people buying second hand.And c I want to go out and play vintage synths for free some where.Id happily buzz out to yiz once a month to check out the new second hand stock and while I'm there maybe I impulse buy something!!!

Also loads of people still don't know yous exist so do something about that.Maybe you can find a cheap way to do this? Either way people don't know yiz are there - fact! Make sure everyone knows your Ireland biggest retail of blah blah......maybe when yous are quite during the week you could get one of your sales goons to go online and spread awareness on forums facebook all that bollox!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back