Writer's Block (4 Viewers)

Rimbaud said:
Hah!
You OBVIOUSLY have`nt met me then have you?.Pah!
You`ll all see when i publish my book....then you`ll be sorry!!!aHhhrrrhhggh!!

The Rum Diary`s is one of my Thompson favs by the way.Ahem.
that's funny, i'm writing a book too. i hear there's a book in everyone.

hag said:
that's funny, i'm writing a book too. i hear there's a book in everyone.

You said you were writing a book last year also!What a SLOW COACH!!

I`ll have mine in the bargan bins before you get half way though!.I`ll be moking('making' spelt cool-ly) a film of the book too.I intend to moke lots of movies actually.

Now can we get BACK ON TOPIC!?

so anyone got any tips for getting the juices flowing again??? :)

i think i'll quit my job and just lock myself in a room.

apparently when axl rose was writing the lyrics for november rain he locked himself in a recording booth for three days with only a bucket to shit in. what a legend.

are you on medication of any kind? aunty depressants have really fucked with my creativity and ability to concentrate. i am also supposedly writing a book. except i can't figure out what it's about.

read. yeah, thats my tip. read some brilliant shit. that'll fix you. personally, the music flows incessantly - but the lyrics thing is more erratic.

im reading like a madman lately, currently reading 4 books in one go...

ive been on medication for the last 8 years, so dont think its down to that...

Alan Remorse said:

well doesnt have to be prose. also, it has to be those life altering books - stop reading Cecilia Ahern!!

yeh not writing is a cunt. probably bad for you too. i think i read somewhere that jeff tweedy used to make himself write something everyday. and for some of the songs on summerteeth there was a typewriter left on the tourbus and everyone added a line at a time, mostly nonsequitors. i don't know if its true, but the lyrics to she's a jar are great and don't make any literal sense.

i fucking hate sinn fein.

look al - if you want me to come back and be your gost writer thats ok fuck sake. all the grates need there mewses - elton john has bernie eccleston, madonna has her lenny kavitz and so on and so forth. all i ask for is a bit of credit when your at the brits and such, don't be such a glory hole.

pm me about it already and stuff like eh

And to whoever(Mr Gorrilla you tit) docked me points and said i was "Pissing all over a legend.Spa" - don`t take me so seriously....i`m a fan of the man, righ?I read he`s books and cherish them.I`m sure Hunter will be alright - he laughed at death in life and i`m sure he`s laughing now also - i`m just laughing with him.
Spa yourself ya big ape!

Alan - check out Ozamu Dazai`s - 'No Longer Human', its just downright amazing and totally out there - bound to inspire something.I`ll post it to you if you pm me your address.

coast to coast said:
yeh not writing is a cunt. probably bad for you too. i think i read somewhere that jeff tweedy used to make himself write something everyday. and for some of the songs on summerteeth there was a typewriter left on the tourbus and everyone added a line at a time, mostly nonsequitors. i don't know if its true, but the lyrics to she's a jar are great and don't make any literal sense.

i fucking hate sinn fein.

Random-strange-addition-to-post alert!

Alan Remorse said:

ive been on medication for the last 8 years, so dont think its down to that...

stop playing guitar for a little while, and don't listen to music for a day or two. usually works for me. can you play piano or something without strings?

ITalkShite said:
Random-strange-addition-to-post alert!
sorry, prime time was on in the back ground. caomhin o caoligh. christ what a prick.

"caomhin, will you just admit that there's no room for private armies in a democratic state?"

"sinn fein are committed to the northern peace process..."

"caomhin, you're not answering the question."

and that o snodaigh cunt is my TD!

coast to coast said:
sorry, prime time was on in the back ground. caomhin o caoligh. christ what a prick.

"caomhin, will you just admit that there's no room for private armies in a democratic state?"

"sinn fein are committed to the northern peace process..."

"caomhin, you're not answering the question."

and that o snodaigh cunt is my TD!

Have you seen the thread on the Politics board about the bank robbery? Actually, probably better if you don't look at it. Michael McDowell is far more dangerous than Sinn Fein, I reckon. The guy's a nutbag.

Hey, Alan Remorse, write a song about Northern Ireland.

I reckon it'd be really cool if you had a really annoying screechy vocal in the chorus going "In your heeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaad, In your heeeeeeeeeeaaaaad, they're fiiiiiigghhhtiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnngggggggggg... And their tanks, and their bombs and their tanks, and their bombs, Waaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh Ooooooooohhhhhhhhggggghhhhhhhhh" That shit rules.

you've been on medication for 8 years, you must have plenty to talk about. Or are the riffs the problem? If so just experiment with differnt tunings or pick up a different guitar. Sometimes just the feeling of a different guitar will bring out different things.

hunter typed out entire hemmingway novels, just to see what it felt like. maybe you could do that with your heros?

Like typing out every Bruce Cambell cameo in 'hercules'??:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back