Writer's Block (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

has anyone ever suffered from major writer's Block?

i mean the type that keeps you awake at night, and makes you wonder if you'll ever write a song again.

i have written two songs in the last 12 months. im starting to lose my mind.

Alan Remorse said:
cheers for the rep dock folks

heheh probably cos talking about writing songs always jars unless youre actually Bob Dylan or something...and even then.

I wouldnt worry about it, though - it'll pass.

avernus said:
heheh probably cos talking about writing songs always jars unless youre actually Bob Dylan or something...and even then.

I wouldnt worry about it, though - it'll pass.

It did`nt pass for Hunter adn look what he did!!!Ha!!!

Sorry that was definatly in bad taste to say that - hell look i can barely spell!!!

Anyways - i would`nt worry about it Alan - i`ve had it myself, but i`m still churning out the hits..|..|

you could write a song about being docked :)

to answer your question I haven't been able to finish anything I've started for years. then again I'm lazy. don't worry about it. maybe you could try a different approach or experiment a little, try some new sounds?

hope your inspiration returns soon!

Rimbaud said:
It did`nt pass for Hunter adn look what he did!!!Ha!!!
man, i love fear an loathing so much. that monologue in it, where he talks about being able to see where the wave broke and rolled back... it makes me sad every time. i have watched that movie at least 50 times. i was sad when he died.

hag said:
man, i love fear an loathing so much. that monologue in it, where he talks about being able to see where the wave broke and rolled back... it makes me sad every time. i have watched that movie at least 50 times. i was sad when he died.

yeah amazing shit. we had a drink to him last night...then got polluted.

plug said:
you could write a song about being docked :)
i'm sure anal cunt have already written that song

since hunter was mentioned you could always try his method ... push yourself to some ridiculous deadline then hole up in some motel room with a typewriter(/guitar) and as much speed and whiskey (/milk and cookies) as possible. or could just ring bill murray at 3am and transcribe the conversation ... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1992213

fear and loathing on the campaign trail is even better than in las vegas by the way. that bit where he joins the "spontaneous" young republicans demonstration is the funniest few pages i've ever read anywhere.

ddmurph said:
fear and loathing on the campaign trail is even better than in las vegas by the way. that bit where he joins the "spontaneous" young republicans demonstration is the funniest few pages i've ever read anywhere.

Better Than Sex is prolly the best political thing I've read by him. pretty invigorating, unputdownable and all that sort of thing

steveamanakick said:
Better Than Sex is prolly the best political thing I've read by him. pretty invigorating, unputdownable and all that sort of thing
cool. haven't read better than sex. must check it out.

hag said:

Yeah, such a good film. I'd just finished watching it yesterday when I heard he'd died. So many great quotes:

And that, I think, was the handle---that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting---on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark---the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

You can turn your back on a person, but, never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

[Watching Dr. Gonzo leave.] There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

The Fwames said:
And that, I think, was the handle---that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting---on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark---the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

yeah, that's it. no one even knows how to think like this any more. it's sad.

hag said:
yeah, that's it. no one even knows how to think like this any more. it's sad.

Hah!
You OBVIOUSLY have`nt met me then have you?.Pah!
You`ll all see when i publish my book....then you`ll be sorry!!!aHhhrrrhhggh!!

The Rum Diary`s is one of my Thompson favs by the way.Ahem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back