Worst NYE ever... (2 Viewers)

done a lot of time in the IDF egg?
Hehe
Not much
It is possible to hit head-sized targets a km away, but you meet some random ex-soldier and he boasts to you about assassinations he's carried out that require an extremely high level of skill? Probably just bluster. It'd be like me telling some non-techie about the time I hacked into the British governments servers

New years 2005.

My friends and I were looking for a house party to go to and no one seemed to be doing anything special so this girl in our ty class asked us to her house. We arrieved in with our bags of booze only to be told we couldnt drink in the house. It was just four of us and this girl we barely knew sitting there.

We watched all most famous and ate pringles. Her ma gave us like half a shot of vodka in a glass at 12 mixed with 7up. I went home at half 12.

Seeing as id had the best night out of my life the year before it was propbaly the biggest let down of my life!!

Hehe
Not much
It is possible to hit head-sized targets a km away, but you meet some random ex-soldier and he boasts to you about assassinations he's carried out that require an extremely high level of skill? Probably just bluster. It'd be like me telling some non-techie about the time I hacked into the British governments servers

ha ha. I dunno. Your man, Ido, was fairly devoid of bullshit I think.
Last I heard he was knocking around sub Saharan Africa. All the Israeli lads I met in the Andes were fairly tough. I cant remember if it was 1000m, or 800m, or 1200m but it was of that order of distance. That's the range a lot of these lads work at. The documented record for a confirmed kill is apparently 2,430m.

As for "an extremely high level of skill", well, thats all they do, for 4 years, training, having been selected out of the army for being good shooters. He went through the scenarios in a lot of detail. He talked about the Americans coming over to train them, lying in a ditch, completely motionless, barely moving to piss or drink, in a desert waiting for the command. He never even alluded to end result though, the actual execution of a person, he only ever talked about the stuff preceding and coming after. I even asked him straight out, how many kills he had done, he never really answered. Always just specific incidents he would be reminded of for some reason.
I was with that one guy basically all the time for 4 weeks. We were both in reasonably tight situations over that time, and there were times that specifically his sniper training / way of thinking was very obvious. A lot of things get said, they all seemed to be non contradictory. He told me he missed once, he hit a guy's leg I think. Which I thought was funny, since I met a Mujahideen serving tables in NYC with a bullet hole from a sniper in his leg. I told him about Ido, and he laughed, said "tell him I said hi", and left me a big tip.

He might have been making it up. I dont think he was though.
Some fairly crazy stuff goes on in the middle east, and its done by normal people, who try to decompress after on beaches in Thailand or mountain passes in the Andes. Sometimes they meet Paddies out there knocking around.

I remember a girlfriend dumping me on New years about five years ago. She was a bitch anyways but that was proper timing. I was hammered at the time and had to queue for hours, hadnt even wanted to go out. Yeah we dont speak anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back