Worst Irish Punk Band Ever (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
São Paulo Punk said:
If you disagree, where are Woodrow?
Currently part of the backing band for MR. NCAD on the cabaret circuit

ah lads. this is losin' all it's fun fast.

'cept the one 'bout bruisin' your knee, that was class.

and down syndrome punks? bit of a contradiction in terms.

ah well.......

Hello there,

After seeing the link on the ONOFF forum a few weeks ago to this post I thought that a reply to this thread was necessary. From working with ONOFF both as webmaster, being on the road with them and knowing the lads for a few years now I think that I can put to rest some of the rumours that people on this forum seem to believe:

In regards to the idea that ONOFF's set is scripted or that they plan what they wear is ridiculus! True, they have a set list of songs, but that's about it.

Stevie does NOT take an E tablet before he plays, the lads don't drink or do drugs before any gig.

I also found it funny with bombadil slagging them for 'stenciling onoff on everything they own'. I hardly think making a guitar or cymbol case recognisable by putting the band name on it 'stencilling everything they own'.

This band have worked seriously hard to get where they've got, rehersing at least 3 or 4 times a week and putting out records on a shoe string budget, usually funded out of their own pockets, so describing them as 'sellouts' or 'lazy' is a joke to say the least.

Perhaps their music is not your cup of tea but maybe some degree of respect is in order for the work they've put into their music.

Peace,

John, ONOFF webmaster

www.onoff.tk

onoff webmaster Hello there,

After seeing the link on the ONOFF forum a few weeks ago to this post I thought that a reply to this thread was necessary. From working with ONOFF both as webmaster, being on the road with them and knowing the lads for a few years now I think that I can put to rest some of the rumours that people on this forum seem to believe:

In regards to the idea that ONOFF's set is scripted or that they plan what they wear is ridiculus! True, they have a set list of songs, but that's about it.

Stevie does NOT take an E tablet before he plays, the lads don't drink or do drugs before any gig.

I also found it funny with bombadil slagging them for 'stenciling onoff on everything they own'. I hardly think making a guitar or cymbol case recognisable by putting the band name on it 'stencilling everything they own'.

This band have worked seriously hard to get where they've got, rehersing at least 3 or 4 times a week and putting out records on a shoe string budget, usually funded out of their own pockets, so describing them as 'sellouts' or 'lazy' is a joke to say the least.

Perhaps their music is not your cup of tea but maybe some degree of respect is in order for the work they've put into their music.

Peace,

John, ONOFF webmaster

Did you not remove that link?, and btw their work ethic was never questioned, it was just the fact that they are crap.

and J D said that this thread was losing its fun element fast?, Webmaster John just tooled us up again.
Cheers for that Johnnyboy!

Can't wait to hear about this at their next gig. My little sister's mate's cousins'
spyfriend will be reporting back!.

onoff webmaster said:
Hello there,

Peace,

John, ONOFF webmaster

www.onoff.tk

but that one dude does have downs syndrome, right?

andrew

onoff webmaster said:

Why should I respect them for the work they have done on their own project any more than I should respect, for example, a plumber?

Phil said:
Which one is the one Bobby wants to kill?
whichever one was pressureizing his girlfriend for sex.

just kidding,im not sure.
was to do with his girlfriend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back