worst ever cover version... (1 Viewer)

sealed human

Threads
Eilert Pilarm is a genius. He has no place in this thread.
This is only semi related, but it reminded me of Eddie Wally, the Belgian crooner that Eurotrash used to rip it out of without him realising...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Wally[/ame]

Eurotrash showed him in Vegas once trying to 'make it', he did some quality Flemish Elvis (Flemvis?) moves to a bemused audience of obese people wearing bum-bags...

I love that perma tanned Belgian demi-god

coast to coast

Threads
Despite the fact that it's been used in a cereal commercial on heavy rotation, I actually think that's a really lovely version. The singer, Hawaiian Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, died last year and his funeral was attended by 10,000 mourners. He was massively obese and died of related conditions, but was nick named the gentle giant and was considered to be a national treasure.

Always makes me sad to eat Rice Krispies now.
Always reminds me of the episode of ER where Mark Green dies in Hawaii. Absolutely heartbreaking stuff.

Catwoman

Threads
When I was in Zakynthos a couple of weeks ago I had the misfortune to hear an album of Bob Marley covers; many of them were jazz/jazz funk.

The Coronas doing Justin Timberlake brings about what I can only describe as 'a psychotic episode'.

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
Threads
remember that Band Relish had a song called 'Rainbow Zephyr'

and Westlife covered it, but changed the title to 'Hey Whatever'
cause they thought their fans wouldn't know what a Zephyr was

without doubt worst cover song ever

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
Threads
ould sarahs colostomy burst of a tune looks alright now, compared to these freaks.

Moods For Mallards

Threads
remember that Band Relish had a song called 'Rainbow Zephyr'

and Westlife covered it, but changed the title to 'Hey Whatever'
cause they thought their fans wouldn't know what a Zephyr was

without doubt worst cover song ever
In the video they were hanging around some gaff, laughing and joking, impressing the girls, dressed up like the Rat Pack. They sure can sing. It was a moment of synergy in Irish music where the efforts of an edgy rock combo went recognised and rewarded by their crowd-pleasing pop compatriots.
I think we may be seeing, in The Script, the culmination of the process Relish & Westlife set in motion all those years ago. Either way, the future of Irish music on the international scene seems to be in safe hands.

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
Threads
In the video they were hanging around some gaff, laughing and joking, impressing the girls, dressed up like the Rat Pack. They sure can sing. It was a moment of synergy in Irish music where the efforts of an edgy rock combo went recognised and rewarded by their crowd-pleasing pop compatriots.
I think we may be seeing, in The Script, the culmination of the process Relish & Westlife set in motion all those years ago. Either way, the future of Irish music on the international scene seems to be in safe hands.
i don't know, but if i ever have to hear it again i'm going to set myself on fire

Lolo

Supporter
Since 2000
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com

ravishinrikrude

Threads
this cover song and it's video make me want to go on a killing spree...... not that the original wasn't a load of bum produce anyway.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Threads
The legendary Anton Maiden

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt_Li44NcSk"]YouTube - Anton Maiden - The Trooper[/ame]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads