RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
England
USA
Algeria
Slovenia

Hopefully the USA can pull off a comedy victor over England in what should be the game of the group, but I'm not holding my breath.
Slovenia can't be underestimated after coming through a playoff against Russia.
Algeria finished ahead of Egypt, so must have something going on.

England to struggle to a 1-0 win in thier first game (the press to question Capello's tactics), England to romp home 4-0 against Algeria (the press to claim Capello a genius and plan the parade route for their World Cup winning homecoming) then a scrappy draw against Slovenia (the press to write multiple contradicting sentances about England's hopes)

Slovenia to finish second.

USA defeat England in an epic battle which results in the American commentators somehow mixing England up with Ireland and insisting that Ray Houghton has just scored when in fact it was Barack Obama all along. Slovenia push England but unfortunately just fall short of second spot after Wayne Rooney wins another penalty against them by pulling a defender over by the shirt in the box again. Sepp Blatter dances with delight and counts his coffers whilst Algeria blow themselves up when they mistake an IRA training camp for their World Cup preparation camp.

I wonder do England manager's have some sort of Paddy Power bet going on. Every World Cup they bring some inexperienced youngster or ancient/injured player who will never play to make up numbers? Sell jerseys? Sell newspapers? Keep Sky Sports News going?
Lads - this is a World Cup. There are a minimum of 3 games/max 7. If a player hasn't been doing it in the qualifying, then they probably won't produce it here either!

Am I imagining things or did heat have an awful lot to him retiring from internationals as well? Or does he suffer from heat?
SA is pretty hot isn't it....?

Winter over there buh! I dunno.

I thought him retiring had a lot to do with the fact that he was pushing 30 and frustrated with having to play wide left to accomodate Lampard.

England's provisional 30-man squad:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

If the US draw with or beat England I'd back them to reach the semis. They'll be one of the fittest teams there, they play together as a team the most, they've got much more skill throughout the team than in the past and a solid keeper. Confederations Cup run wasn't no fluke.

It's winter in Africa this time of year, friend.

Screw Paul Scholes though.
He is literally a criminal.

Exactly. Second dirtiest player (after Roy Keane, who intentionally ended a fellow pro's career lest we forget! just because he couldn't take a bit of banter) in the history of the Premier League and certainly its most overrated.

If the US draw with or beat England I'd back them to reach the semis. They'll be one of the fittest teams there, they play together as a team the most, they've got much more skill throughout the team than in the past and a solid keeper. Confederations Cup run wasn't no fluke.

This just in, USA are shit, Confederations Cup is a joke competition

Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and John Terry have had awful seasons by there own standards. Frank Lampard is yet to find a team mate with a single pass at a major finals. Emile Heskey is too old and Theo Walcott is too young England to lose all three.

USA pull a Turkey and reach the semis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back