Working at google apparently is the best (2 Viewers)

i know someone who got fired from google. among other transgressions, they mentioned being in a union one too many times. no unions at google; everybody in dublin is fucked when they move everything to india/china/the moon.

i had an interview at google last week

the ceo freaked me out a little, i got a photo

blofeld.jpg

i know someone who got fired from google. among other transgressions, they mentioned being in a union one too many times. no unions at google; everybody in dublin is fucked when they move everything to india/china/the moon.

Sorry, did you say "a union" or "the onion"?

Well I notice who works there is on here yet or they wouldnt be that obvious about things

I pass by their office four times a day & their staff all look a bit 'zoned-out' like the beatific state of the hopelessly-deluded.

I work at Google. Been there for over a year now, it's good fun, but pretty high pressure. Lots of perks: they pay for my internet, free food, free ski trip a few weeks ago, free crap t-shirts that only a spa would wear in public, free health care, they have their own gym, share options (check the share price!), office segway that a co-worker broke his wrist on by driving it into a wall, they gave me a new MacBook Pro last month after I got bored of the IBM Thinkpad.

The interview process is pretty intense alright, I had four interviews, friend of mine had 12. I'd be surprised to hear that somebody got fired for mentioning a union. I'm a super cynical person (five years working in Eircom will do that to a guy) but I've yet to find anything majorly wrong with working for them. They seem on the level to me. The main downside is that I find myself working longer hours than I'd like. And some of the people I work with are a bit too enthusiastic about work, but most of them are sound enough. Lots of attractive foreign boys and girls in the main office on Barrow Street. The place I work in is full of hairy nerds unfortunately (me included).

If anybody wants a job there send me a CV and I can "put in a good word" and forward it on to the "right people". I work in a datacentre doing linux admin type stuff, but there are loads of different jobs going and they're really keen (really really keen!) to hire more people.

If anybody wants a job there send me a CV and I can "put in a good word" and forward it on to the "right people". I work in a datacentre doing linux admin type stuff, but there are loads of different jobs going and they're really keen (really really keen!) to hire more people.

that'd be cool.
tell em ive a rep beyond repute.

what kinda different jobs do they have going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back