Working at google apparently is the best (1 Viewer)

I went to apply there and the ad said that they were only interested in people with a 1.1 degree in any discipline. Seems silly to me.

My current job might see me going to visit their offices sometime. I'll report back when I do.

Google are pretty persistent when they decide to woo someone. A friend of mine had some surreal conversations with their HR:

"I'm not qualified for this job."

"We don't care. We want you."

"I guess I'm kinda interested in your geographical location but only for my own academic research, nothing to do with this job."

"That's fine. Great. Good for you. We're willing to accommodate you in any way we can."

"Errrr."

"You're hired."

as the article states, their recruitment campaign is a marketing campaign. and they regard themselves as an ad company, so they'd want to know that turf.

I've heard the interview process is intense. There can be around 10 interviews before they make a decision.

Does anyone here work for Google in Dublin? Do they have an engineering department or is it all advertising, finance etc.?

I've heard the interview process is intense. There can be around 10 interviews before they make a decision.

Does anyone here work for Google in Dublin? Do they have an engineering department or is it all advertising, finance etc.?

I know a couple of people who work for them. One in sales/marketing and the other in technical/engineering.

friend works with them in dublin. free drinks in the canteen after work. free psp, free 2 day holiday skiiinf a year, home internet paid for. numerous blogger t-shirts and jumpers, free pencils, decent wages, caring middle managers, spacious cubicles...what's not to like!?
steelcasethinkchair.jpg

I know a couple of people who work for them. One in sales/marketing and the other in technical/engineering.

Looking at the Google.ie website it seems that the engineering jobs are mainly to develop applications used internally. I guess all the cool internet stuff is done over in Mountain View.

if you go for a n interview, just answer all questions like google would:

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,040,000,000 for What are you Weaknesses?(0.03 seconds)

Did you mean: What are you strengths?

Looking at the Google.ie website it seems that the engineering jobs are mainly to develop applications used internally. I guess all the cool internet stuff is done over in Mountain View.
they do gmail stuff in Dublin. whether it's development or support of it, i'm not too sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back