wonky: saturday (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Dan
Hopper had a row with the bouncer "guarding" the escalator. It went something along the lines of him not being allowed up the escalator, so Hopper explained that if he turned it off then it would just be a stairs and could he use it then??

Oh how I laughed :)

that's genius! i love the way no matter what, the bouncer wouldn't have got it, so obviously the guy was asking for it and he prolly got his head kicked it! deadly.
the frost were deadly, last post and jape got half my time, wished i coulda seen both fully.
missed the mound but heard they were rock.
din't think too much of four tet. connect four were nice but a bit quiet. second half o' corpo was deadly. nice kim porcello too.
no pints on stairs is for pricks.
leagues, hennessey, rist, grahame etc are the only boys i love.
BOUNCERS ARE/WERE/WILL-ALWAYS-BE SUPERAPE CUNTS.
all the bands, who are higher beings than the punters, we're getting kicked out while trying to get their gear. a typical quote "ugh, banana, me fucky ye face, i don't give a FUCK what gear you have, just GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!".
lovely, and the thing is, what they lack in intelligence, they make up for in oral hygeine and looks!
all rappa over all and that.
xxx

I recognised a few of the same pricks from last time... and for the laff on a coulpe of ocasions I was overtly nice and freindly in an extremly patronising way to the oafs, and do you know what, it worked... they were so nice back! sheesh wha the drink the laff the wonky

Originally posted by sparse

, highlight of the evening was when a certain person got sick on me

is this the same young lady who puked on me had a lot of her sisters with her? can't really remember much, the no drink between floors rule led to an awful lot of knocking back of pints.
funny enough the puke didn't smell either pure martini or summit

Originally posted by Dan
Hopper had a row with the bouncer "guarding" the escalator. It went something along the lines of him not being allowed up the escalator, so Hopper explained that if he turned it off then it would just be a stairs and could he use it then??

Oh how I laughed :)

ha, i remember that now! i agree that the bouncers for both wonkies have been cunts, but i always enjoy the sheer look of bemusement on their faces when i have a go at them. muppets

the mound and the chalets were the highlights for me. i was too locked to really enjoy four tet, and i had to queue for 35 mins to get a pint during my favourite jimmy cake tune. all in all a class night though

Originally posted by Alex

Me don't thinks anybody with a bit of intelligence would be a professional bouncer....

Suprisingly enough, when I was in college I knew quite a few guys who were doing masters\phds and doing the bouncer thing on the side to pay the bills. One guy was even a lectured in college during the week and did bouncer work at the weekend. They made a good bit of money from it too. Oh and a lot of them were very well trained in martial arts too, and not too shy about using it on it the job. This is the exception to the rule or maybe they are all super intelliegent and studying our social behaviour :confused:

Originally posted by Wayne
Suprisingly enough, when I was in college I knew quite a few guys who were doing masters\phds and doing the bouncer thing on the side to pay the bills. One guy was even a lectured in college during the week and did bouncer work at the weekend. They made a good bit of money from it too. Oh and a lot of them were very well trained in martial arts too, and not too shy about using it on it the job. This is the exception to the rule or maybe they are all super intelliegent and studying our social behaviour :confused:

:cool:

Why are most of 'em so fuckin' rude all the time then...? This is what I don't understand, you do not need to be rude to be a bouncer, do you?!?

Originally posted by Alex

:cool:

Why are most of 'em so fuckin' rude all the time then...? This is what I don't understand, you do not need to be rude to be a bouncer, do you?!?

Some of them are idiots as you'd expect . But also , try to imagine what it is like dealing with drunks every night .
It can get on your nerves very quickly when you are talking to someone and you know they can't or won't hear what you are saying.
Especially at closing time. A lot of their behaviour comes from instructions they get from the manager of the place

I know that some of them are martial arts fanatics. And quite dangerous. I used to do some of the oul martial arts years ago. The biggest lads in the class would always do security on the side. But they were never really nice guys. Except for one. The rest of them were horrible, 'kissin the muscles' type. Loved gettin into scuffles. And the older ones were always in the foreign legion or the FCA. Horrible personalities alot of them had. But some of them were dangerous and violent. Never think you can take one on by the look of him. They're usually the black belts or 8th Dans of the litter. They are rude because alot of them want trouble. They need to practice. And love showin off. Uuugghh! Bouncers!! :mad:

Originally posted by Wayne
Some of them are idiots as you'd expect . But also , try to imagine what it is like dealing with drunks every night .
It can get on your nerves very quickly when you are talking to someone and you know they can't or won't hear what you are saying.
Especially at closing time. A lot of their behaviour comes from instructions they get from the manager of the place

You have a point here, defo. On the other hands they're usually rude even with people who're evidently nice and easy though...

I know the guy who has recently gotten in charge of the crowd that does security for mcd concerts so I was very interested in the security behavior at ozzfest and witnness. i must say they were not THAT bad. It was like the security practices just grew up.

I dont think it was them at wonky though. They were very much of the "im following orders" variety.

Did they touch anyone at closing time? I really can't put into words how much I hate that. When bouncers touch your arm in an effort to move you.

pricks

i did something a bit rude and cheeky the first night very late when i was very drunk. i was caught by a bouncer who went a bit mental. the next night i was back for more and i got the best double-take ever from him; he seemed to be considering the possibility of pre-emptively throwing me out, i think.

any one else see him? scottish accent, very short hair, very short fuse. fucker.

Originally posted by silo
i did something a bit rude and cheeky the first night very late when i was very drunk. i was caught by a bouncer who went a bit mental. the next night i was back for more and i got the best double-take ever from him; he seemed to be considering the possibility of pre-emptively throwing me out, i think.

i can't believe you actually did that a second time... you're lucky he didn't just bash you on the spot.

Nickelback

Speaking of Slane, poor old Nickelback got booed off stage in Portugal 10 days ago, after their second song they asked if they wanted to hear some rock and roll or go home, after getting pelted with stones they left the stage. Couldn't happen to a nicer band

Re: Nickelback

Originally posted by leon-o-tron
Speaking of Slane, poor old Nickelback got booed off stage in Portugal 10 days ago, after their second song they asked if they wanted to hear some rock and roll or go home, after getting pelted with stones they left the stage. Couldn't happen to a nicer band

Oh....I'm drooling at that idea. Seriously. Droooooling! Hu huhuuhuhuh!:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back