wonky: saturday (2 Viewers)

Ok, well apart from the regular burgers, stolen MOJO mags, aquaducts and the sewage system, I challenge you to show me something thats better value than that!!!

Actually, why didn't the girls give me any free guiness vouchers and why didn't I ask for any? (answers or explanation not required..thanks) Thats what I did at wonky 1. Now I'm pissed off..

Originally posted by Dan
When you think about it (from a guiness drinkers point of view), it cost €12, but you get two free guiness, so whats that, about €6. Thats €6 saved, so effectively wonky saturday cost €6 (around £4.50). I challenge anyone to show me something that is better value than that!!!

Gettin in for the free, and having 3 friends who dont drink the black stuff... by sunday I was giving the tokens away... better value beats them all...

No offense to the oirish bands but Manitoba & Fourtet sort of stole the show. And what of P.O'Reilly? His melt banana impression sort of erm..melted...

I thought the quality of muff was extremely high too and got higher as the night went on until i passed out....

ah, the quality of muff is not strained. it itcheth like a dog. feel my pain.

Leagues organised it and, in fairness, if I had to look at any of those bouncers again this year, i'd probably go postal.
Roll on October Bank Holiday weekend.
*sigh*

Originally posted by binky
if I had to look at any of those bouncers again this year, i'd probably go postal.

They were being really heavy handed both nights and the crowd weren't unreasonable.
We kept getting shouted at for trying to get our gear.
Steve Fanagan got surrounded for wanting to take stuff down and Vinnie nearly got killed for asking a bouncer who apparently 'wasn't working there' not to swear at his girlfriend.
Shooting's too good for some of those fuckers.

Overall I thought it was a great thing, didn't get to see nearly as much as I'd have liked.
Respect to Leagues and all involved in putting it together.

Shame about the sound on floor 5.
Might be best to go back to keeping it to one floor next time.
And hiring bouncers a little farther up the evolutionary ladder.

Originally posted by old

Might be best to go back to keeping it to one floor next time.
And hiring bouncers a little farther up the evolutionary ladder.

I was talking to the Security Manager in the Storehouse on Saturday afternoon about how awful the bouncers were for the last wonky. He said that whenever they have any sort of event in there they get nothing but complaints about the thugs they hire. Apparantly since wonky 1 they changed security agencies but, the thing is, all the same idiots (whose only qualification is being able to swing a sack of door knobs) are signed with various agencies. Hence for big events, they'll end up getting hired agian and more then likely get their mates on board too.

Hopper had a row with the bouncer "guarding" the escalator. It went something along the lines of him not being allowed up the escalator, so Hopper explained that if he turned it off then it would just be a stairs and could he use it then??

Oh how I laughed :)

Originally posted by Anthony
Anyone got any photographs from wonky2?

I was talking to someone who was at Slane. They said it was shit.

were they remotely suprised by this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back