Woman dies after abortion request 'refused' at Galway hospital (2 Viewers)

A7xXfWNCMAAb_lE.jpg

https://twitter.com/horganjonesjane/status/269186273774809088/photo/1

The typical figure cited for Irish womene who travel abroad for abortions is 4,000, it would take nearly 500 years for the number of foetuses to reach the millions.

Edit: Yes

Yeah,nice closing paragraph there.We are still one of the safest places to deliver a child,for both mother and child*,and while this is obviously a great tragedy there will always be accidents/incidents regardless of how medically advanced a country is.

*So I keep reading anyway,I tried searching for the relevant studies but came up blank.

ireland is proud of its record as being one of the safest places for mothers, as measured against other countries.

however, when ireland finally starts recording these figures the same way as the rest of europe - as we will be required to next year - it'll wipe the smug grin off the pro-lifer's faces when they trot the statistics out.

as far as i know, 'maternal mortality' as defined in other countries refers to death while pregnant, or within the six weeks after pregnancy ends.
in ireland, it is recorded as death due to complications in childbirth or due to the pregnancy.

ireland's method of recording it is probably more useful, but it's a very different way of recording it.

as far as i know, 'maternal mortality' as defined in other countries refers to death while pregnant, or within the six weeks after pregnancy ends.
in ireland, it is recorded as death due to complications in childbirth or due to the pregnancy.

ireland's method of recording it is probably more useful, but it's a very different way of recording it.

Can't see that many dying in the six weeks, can you?

I'd probably have thought that most EU and/or countries would be in or around the same low rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back