Wolf Parade... (1 Viewer)

I adore Apologies For The Queen Mary and all the off shoots of this band. First band in a long time that I really got into...genius lyrics. In fact, that album kinda pushed me over the fence on moving here. There you go, blame Wolf Parade.

I hope it's just a matter of letting this album grow on me, but so far I only like Call It A Ritual and California Dreamin'. :(
Both of those are Spencer Krug songs, incidentally.

I hope it's just a matter of letting this album grow on me, but so far I only like Call It A Ritual and California Dreamin'. :(
Both of those are Spencer Krug songs, incidentally.

It's a bit more low key than Apologies. I've listened to it about 3 times now and it's growing on me. I don't think the pair of them have quite blown their wad on Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs but I was expecting it to be a little better. There's no Shine A Light or I'll Believe In Anything on it.

It's a bit more low key than Apologies. I've listened to it about 3 times now and it's growing on me. I don't think the pair of them have quite blown their wad on Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs but I was expecting it to be a little better. There's no Shine A Light or I'll Believe In Anything on it.

I think Dan might have blown his wad on the Handsome Furs. The other lads slightly less so.
Right, I'll wait... I'll probably like it in a while.

I think Dan might have blown his wad on the Handsome Furs. The other lads slightly less so.
Right, I'll wait... I'll probably like it in a while.

I'm preferring the Dan stuff I think. It's a little jammy and unfocussed in places. Dunno if Kissing The Beehive needed to be 10 minutes long.

I'm preferring the Dan stuff I think. It's a little jammy and unfocussed in places. Dunno if Kissing The Beehive needed to be 10 minutes long.

Yeah that one seems like a total mess to me at the moment. Just wanders aimlessly.
I kind of like Fine Young Cannibals, it struts convincingly.

An Animal in Your Care is actually excellent.

I haven't heard this, but that description sounds like it would fit some of the Sunset Rubdown stuff. Might it be that Chad is losing the plot (I know Hayworth will kill me for saying that, but...)

I think this is really great now.
Apart from Kissing the Beehive, which is still crap, and that third or fourth song or so. The Spencer one. Not great.
Otherwise, it's a gem.
The Grey Estates is my current favourite.

this album got slated by Jim Carroll in the ticket today.

I think its great.

Yeah I think it's great now too, but if I had reviewed it after 2 listens I would have given it 2 stars, so I'll give Jim the benefit of the doubt.
4 stars from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back