Wine (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
image002.jpg

Right.. I'm going to sound like this prat, but here's a thread about wine.

There hasn't been for a while, so may as well drag the posh out of you lot. It's for all the cheeky noses and oaky aftertastes (yes, there is a joke there).

But yeah, I've come across an excellent wine from a New Zealand vineyard. It's a Pinot Noir and it's called Dashwood.

So, yes...check it out. I got it in Oddbins.

And yes, I'm posher now that I'm living on the mainland.

ahhh buckfast! a romantic weekend of lying on the floor and smiling and having a cake war. shame it makes you go blind!

Buckfast has a certain impertonance that demands attention. i've never liked the stuff, star anise undertones and all but i downed two bottles of it last weekend for the buzz. Whilst pissing in my best friends toilet sink it struck me that while its unexpected big ribena nose is somewhat flattering, ultimately i reckon that its 'maceration carbonique' creates the taste I despise.

When i awoke fully clothed on the stairs i couldnt help but feel that its residual sugar, good grip and
big blast of tannins was the reason i made a sexual advance towards his girlfriend.

its really only valid to drink buckfast if you are homeless, a student or a punk (it is required you be unhosed poverton). or if you live in the city of crushed ambitions over there on the whest coast, in which case if you are on the dole you most likely have a mange-ridden dog on a string and dreads despite being white and middle class. ta ta.

this is the best wine in the entire universe.

i fucking cried after i drank it, it was that good. unbelievable.
i swear....just amazing.

bottle6.jpg

I thoroughly recommend all the wine from here http://www.vendemiawine.com/

Run by a Swiss guy called Urs living in Kilkenny, imports organic wines - you can buy them on the site and delivery is free if you buy 12 bottles. I especially recommend these:
Côtes-du-Rhône- Villages AOC Laudun 2001 (red)
Fasolino Frizzante Bianco 2004 ((white fizzy)
Soave DOC (white)
Chianti Casale DOCG Colli Senesi 1999 (red)
Pinot Auxerrois Vielles Vignes 2002 (white - I especially especially recommend this, it's real perfumey, never tasted anything else like it)
Muscat Cuvée Marie 2002 (white - incredible with Thai food)

... also the Dionysos Spanish ones are good. The only ones I haven't been crazy on is the Barbera Piemonte DOC 2004. You can ring him up too and tell him what you like, or what you're eating and he'll recommend stuff to you. Really nice fella - really you should try him out, you won't go wrong

Lefty Frizzell said:
Buckfast has a certain impertonance that demands attention. i've never liked the stuff, star anise undertones and all but i downed two bottles of it last weekend for the buzz. Whilst pissing in my best friends toilet sink it struck me that while its unexpected big ribena nose is somewhat flattering, ultimately i reckon that its 'maceration carbonique' creates the taste I despise.

When i awoke fully clothed on the stairs i couldnt help but feel that its residual sugar, good grip and
big blast of tannins was the reason i made a sexual advance towards his girlfriend.
To me buckfast is like the romantic training knickers of alchohol. Recent buckfast adventures:
  • went up to the mic and sang the complete version of All i want is a room somewhere
  • "i never went through puberty"
  • thought i could hop from a horizontal lying position to my feet again
  • "my dad is sexy"
  • pulled down my trousers to show everyone that i don't shave down below, even though that really wasn't what i was asked at all.
!ninjaaaa

Lost control of the left hand side of my body after a buckfast bender....spent about half an hour crawling around in a circle like a dog looking for the 'comfy spot' until I was helped into a bottom bunk and thrown up on by the occupant of the top bunk. She had also been sipping on the monks' magic mix

trianglegrrrl said:
[*]"my dad is sexy"

um.....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

im sorry chicken but i know buckie is powerful an all, but thinking your da is sexy????????

if anything, buckie makes you believe 'yer ma's yer da!'

can anyone explain why the guy in sideways has such an aversion to merlot? its always been good by me. Here's a favourite:

PROD_PHOTO1_100_1097834863.jpg

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Tried so many times to get into wine but just can't stand the taste. For shame...

have a bottle of the wirra wirra church block cab shiraz merlot i pictured before.
honestly. the tears will flow.

Be the Hokey said:
can anyone explain why the guy in sideways has such an aversion to merlot?

Have to admit that I started drinking Pinot Noir after seeing that film. And it's been worth it. They tend to be a good bit pricier than other wines, but they are really nice.
Never been a big fan of Merlot. My old landlady was.
Shiraz is nice, but wouldn't go for more than one bottle - it's too fruity.

Milo Minderbinder said:
Have to admit that I started drinking Pinot Noir after seeing that film. And it's been worth it. They tend to be a good bit pricier than other wines, but they are really nice.
Never been a big fan of Merlot. My old landlady was.
Shiraz is nice, but wouldn't go for more than one bottle - it's too fruity.

fair enough! I wouldn't try to pretend to know the finer details, but to my uncultured palette a good merlot is as good as the next. the gist i got in the movie about merlot is that its just plonk. i'm sure pinot noir sales improved after sideways inanyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back