Windows -- domestic help (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Okay, so I have one of those old Georgian windows that I need to prop open with a stick. Problem is, spiders, bees and other little bug/insects. I want the window open but I don't want every creepy crawly in my apartment.

Where would one find:

A: A window fan, the kind that the window rests on to stay open and adjusts to fill the whole width? I have been looking online but can't seem to find one over here.

B: An adjustable window screen. Not a permanent one installed but one I can rest the window on and keep the bugs out while it's open.

Any clue? I have checked all the hardware stores in my area so I assume it might take a trip somewhere.

I almost 100% sure they have window screens in Lenehans in Rathmines.

Also, you can get a thing that makes an inaudible noise that scares insects away. They're €20 in Dunnes.

what about just using some netting over the gap? fashioned together with some thumbtacks?

I had this problem a few years ago,
if you wipe down all the surfaces around the window with something citrus (i used flash lemon) app a lot of creepy crawlies taste through their legs and can't abide citrus, then get yourself some nice netting from hickey's or similar for the winged lads should be grand.|..|

It's mostly spiders. Big long-legged ones. Crawling outside on the house and then wandering on in. I don't have a live-in spider killer anymore so something must me done. I had a nightmare that I took a strawberry out of my fruit bowl and tons of spider babies came running out.

Is that the hardware store at the 3 way junction? If so, you're wrong. No screens or netting.

That's the one.

They do have a product called "No more spiders" or something. It's a spray that repels spiders. Made from chestnuts and all eco friendly and shit. And it works too.

Spiders will get into your gaff no matter what you do though.

That's the one.

They do have a product called "No more spiders" or something. It's a spray that repels spiders. Made from chestnuts and all eco friendly and shit. And it works too.

Spiders will get into your gaff no matter what you do though.

I at least want to try to make it a bit more difficult for them. I manged to kill one after a lot of fuss on my part and I left him on the ledge so the others would see and learn from his mistake.

Hey Classic.....where does one recycle cans and glass bottles in Rathmines?

It's mostly spiders. Big long-legged ones. Crawling outside on the house and then wandering on in. I don't have a live-in spider killer anymore so something must me done. I had a nightmare that I took a strawberry out of my fruit bowl and tons of spider babies came running out.

I HATE SPIDERS
Trust me the lemon trick does work

There's a big fuck off recycling depot around the corner from my gaff. Heading towards Ranelagh, turn left at the lights, next left and it's at the end of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back