Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 3
Amazing that people are freaking out about Microsoft using their personal data in pretty much exactly the same was Google and Apple do.

Amazing that people are freaking out about Microsoft using their personal data in pretty much exactly the same was Google and Apple do.

I think it's very much the media pushing that agenda for headlines. If there's no morale outrage about something, who will talk about it?

hmm, doesn't handle the photo library very well, says it can't open half the images
I took a shitload of photos on Saturday on the islands.

The slideshow feature is something you have to go look for now.

All in all I don't even see why they bothered. It just looks different.

Fucking taskbar won't fucking hide now

Fuck's sake
Bet you've got a notification hidden on your taskbar - it happened to me. Click the little ^ arrow to the left of the icons on the right of the task bar. On the extra icons that pop up, click each one individually to find out which one. The taskbar will hide again when you do.

Bet you've got a notification hidden on your taskbar - it happened to me. Click the little ^ arrow to the left of the icons on the right of the task bar. On the extra icons that pop up, click each one individually to find out which one. The taskbar will hide again when you do.
That worked. After going back into settings again.

The latest Insider build 10525 kills chrome dead. - something to do with new Windows memory management magic. Supposedly starting Chrome with the --no-sandbox switch fixes it, as does uninstalling Chrome and installing 32bit chrome instead. Can't be having that buh.

There seem to have been similar problems last year related to upgrades from windows 7 and 8 that had some vpn software or other installed. I had openvpn so maybe it's something to do with that. But was grand for months until today. fucking thing. I'll give it a day or two.

I'm thinking of reinstalling windows 7 - is that a bit hasty?

I'd say go for it. I loved Windows 10 when it first came out despite the rough edges. But with each update it's getting progressively worse for me. Webcam stopped after one update. Software uninstalled without explanation. Steam Games no longer working. Strange things happening with audio drivers. USB MIDI keyboard works only intermittently. And don't get me started on Candy Crush Saga installing itself automatically. When I get a bit of time to do it I'm totally going back to 7. Windows 10 will be great, but it seems to be pretty slipshod at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back