Windows 10 (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 3
Whens the proper launch for it? I'll probably use for the PC build I'll be doing pretty soon but I assume the preview ISO they have out isn't good enough to rely on going forward right? I should be able to get 10 for free too I think..

Whens the proper launch for it? I'll probably use for the PC build I'll be doing pretty soon but I assume the preview ISO they have out isn't good enough to rely on going forward right? I should be able to get 10 for free too I think..
i don't think it's been announced yet but they're lashing the updates out fairly quickly

So 29th of July is on the way.

How long do you reckon til version 2 is out where the release bugs are fixed? Or has all the beta testing done by the public sorted out the main doozies?

Should I steer well clear if I want to use existing audio hardware with it, or should I expect drivers to be reverse compatible to Win 7?

I installed it on my main PC overnight. Looking forward to an evening of reinstalling all my apps now. Yay.

Wondered what Win10 has new to offer and there's not much besides Cortana and more accessible options of stuff in the Control Panel (God I hope they fixed the alphabetical sorting of the CP, it should be sorted alpha-up-down, not alpha-left-right.)

Should we wait for version 10.01? Or because it's been in public beta for a good while then probably most vital kinks have been worked out? God help them if there's a major flaw on launch after the windows 8 debacle.

I've only noticed two things
- the mouse pointer sometimes goes a bit funny, like it's been stretched vertically to about 2x normal size
- I think there might be a problem with the Realtek audio drivers. It kept telling me that I was connecting & disconnecting a device, when I wasn't. So I had to disable the alerts - no big deal, until I noticed that audio playback was being interrupted for maybe .5 seconds every now and then. Bit of a pain.

And I think it's more likely you're just going to see continuous patches rather than a full on point release. Windows 8.1 included some fundamental UI changes and I can't see them having to do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back