wilco (2 Viewers)

Where does Sky Blue Sky fit in with all this? Tha's the only Wilco album I have. Should I be listening to a different one or summat?

After listening to Being There i wouldn't rate it as highly as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot or Sky Blue Sky for that matter although it is only my first listening. I don't have any of the other albums.

Both loose Fur albums are brilliant on a slightly off Wilco subject.

Being There, though I love it, is still flawed. A bit too much rock n roll mythologising on it, a bit too much Replacements-aping on it .... though that said when they broke out Outta Mind (Outta Sight) at the end of the first Wilco gig a year ago, I was totally loving it. Did they also play Red Eyed And Blue?

Being There is a classic, but they've completely changed their sound a million times over since then. Some of those songs on Being There are brilliant for their live encores, loud and perfectly rockin.

I don't think I could recommend any Wilco album over another. Buy them all.

Both loose Fur albums are brilliant on a slightly off Wilco subject.

Never really loved the Loose Fur albums like a Wilco album though. Born Again In The USA has some great moments on it, especially Answers the really bitter Jim O'Rourke song and Laminated Cats from the first one also.

Have you heard A Ghost Is Born? Sometimes thats my favourite Wilco. The guitars on it are fucking awesome, much better than the jazz Nels Cline stuff. Bonkers skronky Jeff Tweedy solos all over the shop. Also love the last track being hidden after that 15 minutes drone and beginning with the line "The greatest lost track of all time..."

Being There is a classic, but they've completely changed their sound a million times over since then. Some of those songs on Being There are brilliant for their live encores, loud and perfectly rockin.

Totally. And don't forget about the lonely one.

Don't bother with AM just yet, its really not that good and only has fleeting moments of class if ya ask me, and I generally love this band. I'd recommend Kicking Television next to give you a good overview as the guys have said and also it rocks the house for the most part and if you go see em live it'll be along those lines.

Cool, sounds like the way forward alright. Wish i saw them like alright especially the Tweedy gig in Vicar Street. Ah well next time i suppose.

that Jeff Tweedy gig was an exceptional night alright, ably supported as he was by Groom .|..|

Finished with 'Acuff Rose' if memory serves. Amazing stuff.

Speaking of which, how do ye feel about Uncle Tupelo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back