Why piracy isn't such a bad thing for music (2 Viewers)

[....]
So you may contribute your driving skills for a bands tour and then they would give you the equivalent number of hours you spent driving in music. So if you spend 500 hours driving, then the band would give you 500 hours worth of music.
The band themselves may not have recorded 500 hours worth of music, so they could make that up from music from other bands. Bands would trade music with eachother. So, for instance, if a band have five albums, then they could use those five albums to trade with other bands who would then let them use their music to trade for even more music.

Is this a serious suggestion? It can't see how it would ever, ever work?

Well, the big problem I would have is that the issue of quality of music arises. 500 hours of Mariah Carey's back catalog doesn't mean a hell of a lot to me.

How about a MusicDaq?
Essentially this would decide the value of the music.
So 1 minute of Mariah Carey would be very cheap, but ultimately there would be millions of copies of that 1 minute, making the overall volume a lot.
1 minute of music made by The Land Lovers - the Irish band who are currently on the brink of something huge - would be highly valuable, but rare and therefore the overall value would be low.
However an increase in volume doesn't necessarily decrease the unit value meaning if I had a band, I would trade my debut album for 2 hours of The Land Lovers or Betamax Format.
Those 2 hours would be worth 5,000 hours of Mariah Carey (singing).

how many songs could you get for a box of Frosties?

2 minutes of Ronan Keating or 2 seconds of French prog rockers Magma. It all depends.
There's some guy on eBay who started off with a 2 minute recording of Chumbawamba and ended up with 5,000,000 hours of music recorded by De Barge and Cameo.

would one box of frosties be worth two boxes of cornflakes?

images
+
images
=
images
?

So you may contribute your driving skills for a bands tour and then they would give you the equivalent number of hours you spent driving in music. So if you spend 500 hours driving, then the band would give you 500 hours worth of music...
I think we'd need some sort of token system so as to keep track of how much credit you've worked up. It'll need a name - how about "munny"?

How about a MusicDaq?
So 1 minute of Mariah Carey would be very cheap, but ultimately there would be millions of copies of that 1 minute, making the overall volume a lot.
1 minute of music made by The Land Lovers - the Irish band who are currently on the brink of something huge - would be highly valuable, but rare and therefore the overall value would be low.
However an increase in volume doesn't necessarily decrease the unit value meaning if I had a band, I would trade my debut album for 2 hours of The Land Lovers or Betamax Format.

Excellent system, well supported by relevant examples.

How about a MusicDaq?

What about your repdaq idea? This is just rehashed nonsense.

Good nonsense though.

yeah but no but yeah but some people don't like merzbow. how much is an album of his worth. in mass per square cm wibble.

It's not measured in square cm you mad yoke. It's litres, or gallons on the world stage, seeing as American wibble is used as the base jism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back