Why don't gig promoters plug their gigs here anymore? (1 Viewer)

Call me foolish at your peril my friend.

Even if it is accurate.

Sorry about that man,no offence meant.

Let me rephrase that...a musician who is striving for listeners in the broad sense or is attempting to generate his living from his passion would be foolhardy in the extreme to not at least maintain even a perfunctory presence on facebook in order to capitalise on its enormous marketing potential.

This is only my opinion I might add.I must admit also that I am happily addicted to facebook.

blame facebook

people like me who aren't on it, or aren't in a certain circle / scene / whatever, never see them either. them's the breaks.

I see foggy posting shit on facebook and sometimes fin from MCD. But I don't check their pages to see whats happening. So if I don't happen to notice something on my feed when its posted, I've missed it.

I don't think I ever missed a gig posting on thumped. I really miss it. Not only does it advertise the gig, it also encourages a bit of banter about the gig too.

Sorry about that man,no offence meant.

Let me rephrase that...a musician who is striving for listeners in the broad sense or is attempting to generate his living from his passion would be foolhardy in the extreme to not at least maintain even a perfunctory presence on facebook in order to capitalise on its enormous marketing potential.

This is only my opinion I might add.I must admit also that I am happily addicted to facebook.

I enjoy reading you on fb Gaz - about one of the only decent things on there. I reckon in your case you're using it as an additional outlet though, which is great. I still see you posting your gigs on here and thats where I pick up on them. Like the Temple Bar Music Center one. thumped told me about that, not facebook.

thats sorta a point i've been trying to sublty* make on here for a while - forums win against fb / twitter a million times over when it comes to conversation. try finding a conversation on fb/twitter that you had four years ago that has come back to being relevant. forums detract from the goldfishbowl nature that i propogated by them. for the amount of effort involved (copy, paste) making a thread cant be that difficult.

*bumping ancient threads era ann post.

scutter as I'm temporarily on thumped mobile I couldnt click like for your post about reading my facebook stream of consciousness.But I did indeed like it.

Ann post is right about everything he said in the last few ann posts.

And Scutters remark about looking at birds might hold some weight too.

I'm rocking the dongle.

i told a guy on myspace once that his music was a big pile of wankery. it was holy war for about five days with a people commenting 'myspace is supposed to be a place for friends, why would you say such a thing' and someone who looked like his big sis writing me an essay every few hours. his music was shit though, instrumental guitar wankery with 8 strings and dive bomb solo's over fingerstyle stuff played with a plectrum instead of fingers. it was great fun though.

I sometimes advertise gigs here, not always. Remember when people here would give out if you posted a gig in the General section? Good times.

the new ultimate abstinance

I grew up not drinking. I always had people going to me, 'god I admire you, I wish I could be like you, I don't know how you do it'.

that'll be you now

I get loads of grief for not using facebook,I just offer my email and phone number,if they really want to get in touch with me,they can. (it should be noted they never do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back